Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

My Red Pearl
By Red Pearl

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! Love the look, the color, and the looks I get while driving it don't hurt either. I like the fact that my hair doesn't blow around very much with the top down. I'm disappointed with the nose mask. It's very difficult to put it on and it does not stay put! The paint is already damaged as a result. The mask is badly designed and unnecessarily complicated to use. I love the electric roof but so far, it has stuck in an awkward position 4 times. The 3rd time it was towed to the dealership, they found the problem and showed me how to fix it myself the next time!

The sporty look. The color. The responsiveness, the dash board colors, and even the electric roof when it works properly. I like the fact that there is effectively no back seat.

The electric roof. The blind spot with the roof up. The expensive nose guard that doesn't fit properly. Make a 2 seat model.

No words to describe
By Luis Guzman

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has the looks, the power and the reputation to hold its own on the road. Every person that sees me with this car thinks that it costs much more than it actually does. This is my first convertible, and all I can say is that I feel like a new person with this car.

Awesome looks, great power and stability, an incredible sound system.

More visibility for the back window, really don't want to bump into something if I couldn't see well on reverse.

Love This Car!
By Daphne Streeter

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I cannot tell you how much I have loved driving this car. It is the best convertible on the market, bar none! It is gorgeous, drives smooth and fast, and safe to boot. I have no hesitations recommending this car. You will love it!!

The drop top down on a warm Saturday with the stereo blasting!!

It would be nice to have more driver legroom and more range on the tilted steering wheel.

By jtrushmore

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently upgraded to the Eclipse from an 02 lLancer. I bought the car a few days ago and have already fallen in love with it. Even with the 4 cyl. it has a lot of get up and go. I was very surprised with the power that little 4-banger put out. The leather interior and instrumentation are amazing.

Sound system, power convertible top, and overall interior.

Rear window visibility, traction control for GS models, and improve sound system head unit to a more graphical interface.

Glad It's Back
By DG

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying my 07 Spyder I first drove the Ford Mustang and then Pontiac GXP Solstice. Great body design on the Spyder had me at first glance. The first 3 minutes behind the wheel of the Spyder convinced me. Lot's of power with 260 hp v6 engine, comfortable seats and just plain fun to drive. I felt like a kid again. Something I was expecting from the Mustang or the GXP, but they failed to provide. My first Mitsubishi, sorry it took me so long.

Love the style. Other folks do just what I did, Look and then look again. Love the automatic top up and down feature. Something you would expect to find on a much pricier car.

Better visibility to the rear with the top up.