Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Nice car, but
By bajajanice

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I loved this car when I bought it brand new, however, there are too many blind spots when driving with the top up. I have had this car for 8 months and I have to take it in, the top hydraulic system is out already and needs to be checked. I feel the frame of the car is weak. The car is so low that the nose scraps on everything. This car is an accident waiting to happen with all the blind spots. Other than that, the car is beautiful and gets lots of looks

Its a sharp looking car

Blind spots, inside gets scraped easily.

Practical Everyday Sporty Convertible
By Practical sports car

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Colorado and wanted a sporty convertible that could be driven all year, even in snow. I wanted a little extra room to carry things on a road trip. I wanted an easy roof to put up and take down. Lastly, good gas mileage. This car does it all! The front wheel drive got me through every snowstorm last winter. We just completed a 2500 mile road trip and carried a bunch of family heirlooms in the trunk and back seat. We averaged 26.5 MPG with the four cylinder driving 4 mph over the limit all the time. The top goes up or down in 17 seconds with no tucking or booting, can be done at a stop light.It is the only new car I have ever purchased that hasn't been back to the dealer for warranty.

Front wheel drive, more comfortable ride than most comparables, more room for stuff,enough power in the 4 cylinder yet good gas mileage, an easy up/down roof, great sunset pearl finish, (Metallic copper), great stereo, lots of compliments

One more inch of clearance in the front would save the nose from scraping on some curbs.

Fun to drive, bad blind spots
By kra

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car! Got it for better fuel economy (traded an Xterra), and I get about 300 miles to a tank, more on the highway (though not too much more). The car is just a joy to own and drive. No unscheduled maintenance needed yet, but the vehicle is young (9 months so far). The convertible top folds down very quickly - ~19 seconds. All that said, there are complaints. See suggested improvements

Satisfying engine rumble when you let loose, stereo is awesome, *decent* gas mileage, convertible top is quick and of good quality, pretty comfortable and roomy up front (the back is a different story), handles well.

Complaints: Interior scuffs easily, BAD blind spots and limited rear window visibility, back up sensors needed (I am careful but already backed into a darn filing cabinet!), brakes can squeak, speakers rattle when turned UP, limited storage space (for cells, etc), wide turn radius, no trunk light!

my spyder
By Dennis

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own an Endevor and the quality of that made me look at the Spyder. I'm very happy with this car. The speed and handling is very acceptable. You don't buy this car for backseat space. Overall, so far I have really had no problems with this car. My wife loves driving it also and my friends are very impressed with the stereo and the sleek sexy look of it. The convertible drops down so smooth and tucks away in the trunk.

The hide away top in the trunk is awesome. My friend has a convertible mustang and it flaps in the wind, good design on the spyders part. The stereo of course is awesome but does rattle the sub when it gets to a certain point. Very fast and fun to drive. Duh it's a convertible....enough said!

The brakes need to be fixed right away; put the wrong parts on at the factory. Needs more cubbyholes, and optional back up sensors for the blind spots. Wish it came with serious radio the mp3 is awesome but like sirius. The sub and some parts rattles when it gets to loud so u have to get that fixed also.

Once Again, I Love My Car
By Daddy

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The trunk is big enough for all of my and my son's luggage when we go to the airport. The car is fun to drive, but most of all I love the stereo. I can fit about 140 songs on an MP3 CD, and the in-dash will take 6 of them, so there's no need for an iPod. After almost 18 months though, there is a rattle from the subwoofer at certain frequencies. Taking it tomorrow to get that fixed under warranty. All in all, I love this car! It's not perfect, but fun to drive.

Stereo, short-throw shifter, accelearation, stereo, body design, driving without a roof, stereo, handling (at 40mph+), blue-lit dashboard, stereo, ABS (comes in handier than you might think), this car just plain makes driving enjoyable for me again :)

More "cubbyholes" to put things (like phone) and/or bluetooth for hands-free phone operation (should be standard safety feature), tighter turning radius, an auto-up feature for the power window! It has auto-down, why not auto-up? Key housing is weak and one of mine broke.