Used 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

One powerfull Spyder
By #1Spyder

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Mitsubishi - a 2001 eclipse spyder convertible and I couldn't ask for a nicer ride, with lots of power. I have done a few upgrades and wow!, this v6 kicks but, but you gotta do a couple of things to wake the motor up. My ride has about 300 foot pounds of torque. This car is like a dream to drive anywhere. With a sound system upgrade how could you not look an think wow a performance sounding, stereo pounding, sleek styling car.

Styling- interior an exterior, rims, sound system wowed me. Well the whole car is my fave.

More power under hood, a sixth gear, and light bar (roll bar).

Love my Spyder-6cyl, auto trans
By lilolladyfrmpasadena

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car two years ago with only 18,000 actual miles on it. I love it!!! Even with driving about 100 mi/wk, it has been totally reliable (no repairs). I live in the country on a gravel road, but am able to maneuver around pot holes that form with ease, it is easily parked in tight spaces, and delightful to drive as the weather allows. For a 2001, it still looks almost new. I "need" a fwd, but I LOVE this car! It moves! Will I trade it? Maybe in 30-40,000 more miles! That should be in about 7 years.

Never again
By Unhappy

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first time ever writing a review on anything and I'm trying to save someone a big headache. This car is a waste!! When it rains the back floors get wet and it's not because of the top (mine was changed twice!!). It has horrible mpg and interior after awhile starts to look real cheap!! This car should def be a 2 seater and what is going on with that trunk? Can't really fit anything that can't fold in there. The second cup holder inside the middle console was a horrible idea.

A cheap convertible

Everything

Would not buy again
By Kate Byrnes

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When i got this car i didn't have but 40 some thousand miles, and IT WAS THE WORST mistake of my life buying this car, it runs horrible and has been in and out the shop for the past two years from everything to a new top new tires axles and just about everything under the hood. Does not go in to reverse the best either. cracked dash and sound system is also terrible. Rattles and shakes anytime you hit a bump or a turn.

Convert.

everything...

Nice Car
By DragFish

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since I purchased my car back in March I have enjoyed it. I love just dropping the top during the day, driving through the city and just watching all the girls waving and smiling at me. The performance is wonderful. I have a friend that drives a mercury cougar with a 4.6L V8 sohc engine with a performance chip installed who thought he could beat me and I beat him at the strip by half a car length and the only thing I've added to the car performance wise is a cold air intake. It's the first car I've ever had and I'll probably keep it around for a while.

The convertible top is definatly a winner.

Improvements? it needs to come stock with twin turbos, oh yeah!