Used 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

100,000 Miles 2002 Diamante LS
By MN

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my LS for just over 4 years now and have just under 100,000 miles on it having purchased it used with 17k miles. I test drove a variety of vehicles at the time within my price range and options requirements. Nothing else came close to the value of this car. Pblms at 100k miles: 1. One door speaker needs to be replaced 2. Antenna no longer retracts. 3. Roof Liner in back has started to droop Minor issues, but lead to a problem; replacement parts are hard to come by due to the rarity of the car. Mechanically its been a rock. Zero Dollars past scheduled maintenance so far. I am still in love with this car 4 years later.

Rarity! Something like only 10k a year imported means you don't see dozens of them at every red light! Love the interior. Heated / Power seats are wonderful. Stereo quite good up until one speaker started buzzing. Homelink - every car should have this. Trunk space is great.

As much as I love this car it is hard to recommend it from the used car lot. While it has been a extremely reliable for me its rarity means that the easiest source for replacement parts will be the Dealerships with all the excessive costs associated...

Great car
By Myfirstreview

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased in 2003, It now has 140,000 miles on it. After about 130,000k, it started to burn a little oil at high rpms, guess this is kinda my fault for always driving like a maniac and always in a hurry.. Anyways, now, if i keep it at low rpms the engine is fine, I haven't had any problems with the transmission, heater and a/c works great.. Has been in two wrecks and this car holds up really well, regular maintenance and good driving habits this car will last a LONG time.. I mean, nothing is broken, it all works fine, and is what, 8 years old with 140k miles on it, great buy!

Awesome sounds system, great handling, powerful motor, smooth and comfortable.. Roomy, trunk is HUGE... oh and the fact that everything on it is still working.

Nothing really, should have kept making it Mitsubishi.

Great Car!!!
By RRR

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car for the price. Handles well in snow and all has all the goodies for the price.

Acceleration

Better Mileage

Vroom with a VRX
By Frank S.

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a dream. Lots of power when you need it and a nice sporty feel and sound. Speaking of sound the audio/radio is a great system. There has been no mechanical issues other than oil, brakes and tires. The tires on mine have only about 2,000 miles on them and they are top quality. I had automatic start installed which is nice in bad weather. We no longer need another vehicle so I'm parting with it.

Power, feel and sound.

Looks Great!
By 7Mick

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I love this car. Like many others though. I too had the transmission problems. Even after the fix. Still not right! The car is so great to look at. Kind of a Beemer front and a Volvo back. But very unique. Drives like a much bigger car with its smooth ride. I am a chauffeur and when I get out of my town car I don't mind jumping into this car!

The looks by far and the roomy and comfy ride!

Hmm, doesn't matter anymore!