Skip to main content

Used Hardtop 2 Door for Sale
Select your model:

Fantastic little car

CJWarnke, 03/23/2022
2020 MINI Hardtop 2 Door John Cooper Works 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is one of the most enjoyable drives I have ever owned. I ordered mine in the Orange with Black roof, no sunroof (I have had issues with sunroofs with multiple brands before). I have the 17 inch all black wheels, the HK sound system and the electronics package that includes the upgraded Cruise control and the pseudo self parking (which i still havent used). The power to weight in this little car is fantastic and the power delivery is great. Minimal turbo lag, mostly from a dead stop. But if you are in sport mode it mostly disappears. In the economy mode while driving across the southwest I get 30+ MPG (I averaged 35 on one tanks headed from Las Vegas to Phoenix) while still driving 75+. But this little car excels in tight roads, the tighter the better. Taking turns at high speed with little body lean, maintaining neutral steering with little to no pushing when getting aggressive. It is a fantastic little car to drive aggressively. Regarding the number one complaint I have heard, I must disagree. It is a firmer ride, yes. But i have driven my 50+ year old body on 1900 mile trips with no issue. The seats support you very well. Maybe the 18 inch wheels are firmer, i do not know. But with the 17s and a little extra sidewalls and the wonderful seat, I have had no issues with back discomfort, as opposed to some other "more comfortable" cars I have owned. No, its not a touring sedan. But its more comfortable than anything else in its class that i have driven. And again, its power, especially when already moving, is very good. This is the single most enjoyable (fun!) driving car I have ever owned, which includes Audi A4s and BMW 3 series. Unless you are driving on extended washboard roads this little guy is far more comfortable and far more fun that you have any reason to expect.

3 out of 5 stars