Used 2010 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Mini car maxi love
By Mini lover

2010 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new and loved every day of driving it. Love, love, love, and super fun. As the car aged I had to stay on top of the oil consumption which eventually got tiresome. The ride was rough for a passenger and the cabin was noisey to make and receive calls. The convertible cover creates a big blind spot, but with such a small body it never felt like a safety issue. After driving over 120k miles I just traded it in for a small SUV only because my auto needs have changed. The mini convertible is a fun, darling car.

My 2010 Mini Cooper S
By Lee Williams

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this for my high school age son. The safety ratings were good, gas mileage excellent, and the performance is fun without being overwhelming for a new driver. Outward visibility is exceptional! I was concerned about reliability ratings, however, as a longtime BMW owner, I’ve come to learn that most people will only give reviews on negatives and not highlight the positives. We’ve had no issue with this car, but if we do, I have a greY service department at our local BMW/Mini dealership.

Remember it is a sportier car that means more work
By Joshua

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Sportier cars always come with a catch usually more expensive maintenance but it being a performance car means dont cheap out on parts thats asking for something to break it handles amazingly and has good power for a car i still get 35+ mpg in yea theres some slight torquesteer and turbo lag but most fwd turbo cars have some form of both the interior controls are kinda annoying until you get used to them but overall its a fun car meant to be fun to drive and they nailed that. That being said of course automatic is going to have some trouble which is why i got a 6 speed manual which is an incredibly strong transmission and would only fail from operator/owner caused issues or a defect from the factory which is not very likely

Amazing fun. Unbelievably unreliable
By Alex

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In the four years I had this car the total repair cost was.....wait for it....$23,000. Yes, the cost of the car in repairs. I'm not lying.

2 soft tops ($5000) - eg broken defoger means you have to buy a new top
Timing chain recall $4800
Multiple scheduled break jobs ($4000)
Shorted computer ($3800)
I can keep listing, but you get the idea. Car was sold with 8 months left on extended warranty. When not in the shop, this was a super fun car

DO NOT BUY...
By Michael T

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm an engineer. Quality of Mini is truly MINI. Inside it's cheaply made. Wife bought it without 'consulting' with me. As the result, traded it in 8 months later for Toyota Corolla.