Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

2007 Mini Cooper S aluminum block
By Nelson

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My daughter bought me this car because I am poor. With this car, I am poorer. Plus, the local mechanic can't fix it and the dealer is two hours away. In fact, I took it to the dealer for cold start problems, and they could not fix it or even find the problem. Either fuel pump or carbon on valves. How can a car with less than 50,000 miles have carbon build up? And this is evidently common, perhaps a congenital defect. Also the normal maintenance, for example, the tires, is every 25,000 miles and costs $800 for horrid run flats. This car is not for one without disposable income and need for reliability.

Corners beautifully, is very powerful. and aesthetically pleasing.

Laser Blue pocket Rocket
By Gauhog

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the Mini used after seeing them around for some time.Everyone knows all the cliches; go-cart handling, great brakes, etc. Fuel economy is excellent despite my heavy foot. I have taken numerous 1500 mile round trips with 35+ mpg @ 75-80 mph. The Mini rides well on the smooth interstates, but lousy roads in the northeast can beat you up a little; I guess a combination of the short wheelbase, run-flats, and inordinately high tire pressures. Overall though, the experience has been a good one so far. One other thing, no matter how many seats are physically in the car, the car is a two-seater.

Nav, humongous sun-roof, great fuel economy no matter how fast I drive.

Sport button should default to the on position with the option to turn it off. Something needs to be figured out to do away with the run-flat tires. They give peace of mind, but give the car a choppy ride. A less gunky brake pad material would be appreciated.

Unreliable
By Sam Mignoni

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We brought the mini new 2007 and have had it tow in 3 time, they have at this point with 27000 miles replaced the fuel pump,timing chain,exhaust manifold,throttle cable,tail pipe.It does not run well in cold weather and we live in Michigan.The car is a lemon and I have asked them to buy it back from me or extend the warranty due to the dependability.It is a shame as we really enjoy driving the car when it runs

Improve the cars dependability.

Banana S
By banana

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great little car. Harsh ride though. Lots of Rattles and squeaks. Never has let me down. Great mileage I'm getting 42mpg with my modifications.

Power to weight ratio. Just had a dyno done. 300hp to the wheels.

Fix the Ride and the rattle problems. Make a real automatic wiper function.

Fun/Frustrating!!!!
By bean

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have to agree that this is the most unreliable car ever! I have only owned since June 2009 From November - January 6 I have had the timing valve, fueld pump, and most recent intake manifold replaced. As above having to drive 2 hours for service and then also for the oil change and then the service light came on again and when we went in for the computer read NOTHING needed to be done, wasted trip. Everytime one of the parts needed replacing the mgr. of the service dept said oh yes, we've had problems with that part. When will it end?? MINI has been a dream car of mine and I am so totally disappointed in reliability!

Beautiful organish leather interior, feels like a race car, everyone looks at the car at intersections and even peak in the windows in parking lots (proof if strange handprints on my windows lol). Corners like it's on rails, there are great MINI clubs.

2007 seems to be a year many flaws with this car, corporate didn't even make excuses when I called about how many times it's been serviced. I worry about when the warranty expires if I can even afford to keep the damn thing.