Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Unfortunately, I am on a 1st name basis with the members of the Maintenance Dept.
By cicirenne

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love to drive it but it's in the shop all the time.
I purchased my 2007 MINI COOPER S new in Dec 2007. the car has just passed the warranty period & yet another problem occurred that is not covered under warranty.
I cannot continue to I make monthly payments & pay for repairs too so have decided to search for a new car and trade this one in.
Since I purchased it the driver's side door locking mechanism fell apart, the tensioner has been replaced 2 times, the timing chain replaced, the water pump replaced, the air intake hose & clamps replaced , & the air conditioner fan motor replaced.
It eats oil - I have to put 1 qrt of synthetic oil in it every 2500 miles.

Gas Mileage is wonderful. Fun to drive - especially through the mountains. Compact but can haul quite a lot of stuff - love the hatch. I know it's a silly simple thing but I love the extra sun visor over the Driver's side door - I don't have to continuously swing the visor from the front windshield to the door window & back again.

The Maintenance team at MINI is fantastic - just wish they weren't needed quite so much. When the tensioner gets loose, the check engine light should come on.

Satisfied
By livelifelove77

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my mini for about 3 1/2 years; overall I still love it. I think it is unique and it does everything I need it to do; it just drives fantastic.
Cons: the tires wear out extremely fast. I seriously have to rotate and get two new tires at least twice a year. I don't understand why they wear so fast, since I'm not a crazy driver and have low milage. I feel like my car turns on maintenance lights fairly often, even though it is never turns out to be serious ( airbag, check engine ) Also, after about and hour and a half the seats get very uncomfortable.
Pros: everything else

Great car!
By qwika

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Mini used in March 2010 with 60,000 miles on it.
I was really torn at the time between a Cooper S and a Cooper.
I got a great deal on my Cooper and have to say it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.
This car is so much fun to drive, has great gas mileage, and looks.
I drive 72 miles one way to work and usually get around 40 mpg on my trips.
My trip is through a lot of back roads and highways, and is fun :) even in the snow here in central Pennsylvania.
It is so hard to walk past this car without jumping in it a taking it for a drive.

Everything.

Although this car does have four seats unless you have children it doesn't really sit four. My wife, two year-old, three year-old, and I do take frequent road trips in the Mini.

Great Fun When Not In Shop
By Ron M

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought our S new years eve in 2007 Had great experience with the handling and power. It's probably one of the coolest looking cars on the road today. However, my wife and I were discussing our dilemma last night deciding whether to pay the $1800 to repair rear gasket oil leak or trade it in. Now that we are out of warranty it looks like she'll be going. During first 50000 miles had fuel pump issue oxygen sensor,and numerous other problems. Has been in the shop a total of five weeks in the three years we had it.Too bad! We'll miss her but can't afford to keep her!Will trade her in on a Honda.

Looks Handling Power Fun to drive!

Build them so people can afford to keep them. Mini wont survive without repeat buyers!

Reliability?
By used07?

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The first mini i drove was a 03 cooper S and i fell in love with it. I just purchased a 07 cooper S used with only 42,000 miles and figured it was a good deal. WRONG! Within the first 3 weeks it wouldn't start and the problem was a coolant temp sensor (warranty covered). The car ran great for about another 3 weeks and now the motor knocks badly and it needs a timing chain according to the service department. Also the transmission has a slow leak. I am terrified about when the factory warranty is up. Mini made a huge mistake in my opinion by letting BMW take control of the motors. I definitely wish i bought a supercharged model rather than the turbo, just way too many issues for my liking.

when the car ISN'T at the dealer for its mechanical problems, it is a blast to drive. gets looks everywhere I go and handles like a Indy car

mini should buy all of the 07's back and give us 08's! total waste of money and i cannot wait until i sell this car. i will NEVER EVER buy another turbo charged cooper.