Used 2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

DONT DO IT
By mike

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

i bought this car almost a year ago for 11000. in this time i've had to get breaks and rotors changed (300 bucks) a new supercharger(2200 bucks) and not to mention a full synthetic oil change is 80 bucks. a lot of quick oil change places wont even touch this car btw so thats a struggle in itself. i absolutely hate this car and i can not wait to get rid of it, worse car i have ever had. its nice to look at and sporty and you get a lot of attention. but if your 6ft its more difficult for you to get out of this car, and this car sits very low to the ground so if you hit any bumps or anything that is slightly slanted it will scuff the bottom of your car, just pulling into my apartment complex i deal with this everyday. so do not buy this car unless you have plenty of money to foot the bill to fix it.

not in my posession anymore SOLD it sometime ago.
By ROBERT E. CLAPROTH

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback w/John Cooper Works GP Kit (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car has a good amount of mileage on it mostly driven on Freeways,always garaged and kept in good maintenance shape-and was never involved in an accident.----- sadly to report that I no longer own this car traded it in for a Subaru all-wheel drive Impreza. Thanks for using your service.

too much fun
By gobama1982

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

if you don't like strangers looking,asking questions,or huddled around your car when you go to get in it at the bank,store, restaurant ect . this may not be the car for you because trust me it will happen !!! if you love to drive ,have fun driving,love life,are a happy person then you need to own one !!!!

plenty of room inside ,comfortable seats,quick response,most fun car to drive @ i've owned corvettes,camaros,@ mustangs to name a few.smallest car i have ever owned but largest conversation piece .very well built to say the least,hugs the road,beautiful @ sporty,convertible top is effortless !!! !!!

rear blind spot with top up

Beware
By martini7721

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car was too expensive to own. Between having to pay for run flat tires and synthetic oil changes, a broken timing belt at 50k and a busted head gasket at 100k, this car cost me just a hair under $15,000 in repairs and maintenance over a period of seven years. I bought it brand new in 2006 for $28,000. Couldn't even allow myself to sell it privately because I was so angry at the cost of owning this vehicle.

I can't deny it was a wonderful driving experience. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds, and found this car to be very comfortable.

I found Mini's Service to dismissive and under qualified. At one point I had a wheel barring that was making noise, and they deduced it was the tires.

Love my SCOOTER!
By scooterluv1

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback w/John Cooper Works GP Kit (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned many cars in my day, but this scooter (Mini Cooper S) is the most fun to drive. This car is quick, roomy (I am 6'2", 200#), a sure head-turner and financially economical. Warning: If you are looking for a smooth ride and back seat roominess, pick another car... I bought it 2 years ago w/21000 miles on it and now it has 50000 miles. I have had few issues w/it; (thankfully, I did purchase a good aftermarket warranty) most major issue was w/carbon dirt build-up/clogging up the fuel injectors, but a fuel system flesh ($100.00) and 93/100 octane gas cleared that right up. I am very well pleased w/this blend of Mini/BWN.