Used 2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

2006 Mini Convertible S
By Jim

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have driven owned a lot of BMWs (5 - a 745, two 740s, and three 325s) and one Mercedes (E350 4Matic) - nothing is as much fun to drive as the Mini. I have upgraded to the JCW airbox and muffler. This is a totally awesome car.

The convertible top with sunroof - acutally everything. My firends are shocked at what comes with the Mini S convertible.

One to two more inches of leg room would be nice, I am 6' 6" and fit comforatbly, but a little more room would be nice. Also, air conditioned seats like the BMW 745i has would be nice for hot summer days with the top down.

My MINI Soulmate - A Total Joy !
By AliMia/MINI-Neemo

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I never thought that it was possible to love a car so much!! I Truly feel as as if it were my kindred spirit! I custom built this MINI Cooper-S Convertible on the MINI USA Website at least seven months before I bought it. I test drove four other convertibles, but they just didn't capture the spirit of who I am. Even though my test drive MINI wasn't a convertible, I loved the tight response the steering wheel delivered and was totally surprised by the room inside. Yes, it's actually very spacious and accomodates all kinds of "personal junk" inside and out of sight from curious lookers. If you're a kid at heart - this is the car for you. It's a go-kart with soul. Plus it has super safety features and great power! It is exclusive and unique!

The Car is Perfect! And with three years of service included what else can you ask for? My favorite features?! I like getting surprise gift boxes in the mail from MINI-USA. I've also been included in a very unique family! By simply ordering my new MINI, their site offers tips on caring for your new car and a message board on events offered Nationwide and by local clubs. I love putting the top down and feeling free!

Getting the key to lower the top without pressing it so much as I approach the car - like the salespeople did in the showroom. Better training from them on how the unique features work.

Moving My Mini
By angel

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mini has made drives so much fun. I love passing people and having them stare at us, it's cool. I love the waves you get from other Mini owners. It handels like a dream, we haven't had a manual transmission car in years and it just makes the ride and car more fun than ever.

I'm a big man 5'10" 300 lbs. and I fit in it like a dream. The car is so easy to drive. It's just wonderful.

I have no complaints. What a wonderful car to own.

Love, Love, Love my MINI
By flying high girl

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is truly a fun car to drive. It is so small, but with the S motor it's got killer pickup. I love the sound of the engine. It's a quiet ride, with the seats folded down, you can get some storage. Be prepared to get stopped a lot, people love asking questions about it. I hit a deer late at night and it only did minimal damage. I was stunned. The only downfall is since it's so low and small, I have to wash it a lot. Beware of truckers, rocks hit me a lot on highway. Its pickup is wonderful. I love the one button everything goes down with the top feature. The heated leather seats are great. It has lots of leg room upfront. When going on trips that require lots of luggage, you have to think MINI. My pug Matilda and I love it!

With the S model, the pick up is incredible. The roomy front is large. I like the tachometer, fold down back seats, very clean lines, and minimal goofy stuff. Everything is compact, yet big.

Ditch the small cup holders. I can't hold but a Coke in them. Also, add more enclosed pockets or storage compartments that are hidden.

Fun to Drive
By david a walsh

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The 2006 Mini Cooper S is the most fun I've had in 50 years! It's like a go kart on steroids, that turns heads. With the top down everyone feels free to talk to you. Most say "looks cute and fun to drive." I agree! This is a well built vehicle. It feels solid and tight. I have been getting 18 to 28 mpg in city driving depending upon how heavy my foot is. If I'm careful, I think that I could average around 25 mpg city. This car has a very stiff suspension hard on bumps, but it is great in turns. I love my mini

I like how this car has lots of power with the super charger. I also like the power convertable top,

The glove box needs to be changed. Everything falls out when opening. I bought an orgnaizer which helped. Also, the door pocketes are hard to use.