Used 2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

SD Bluebird
By SDBluebird

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great car! The lowest mileage that I have seen on a tank of gas is 24.9 mpg and the highest has been 36. Its gas mileage depends on if the top is up or down. This car has great safety features, mine has an excellent GPS system that will calculate the fastest or shortest route for you. The GPS talks to you to let you know of upcoming turns as well as showing them on the display. This is the only convertible I know of that you can also drive with the sunroof open. The cold weather package alerts you when the outside temperature reaches 37 and roads could become icy. I had no trouble on a recent cross country trip where I drove in fog, rain, sleet, snow and beautiful sunshine. It also delivers great performance!

I love the GPS and cold weather package. I also enjoy using the sunroof feature on the convertible top. It gets great gas mileage!

The only thing I would like to see different is better visibility when pulling out of a parking space when the top is up.

I Love My New Mini
By Anabela

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first Mini after wanting one for the last three years. It is so much fun to drive and is truly the kind of car I don't mind making payments on every month. It handles very well, has great personality and fits into any parking spot out there.

I love the Harmon Kardon stereo and the controls on the steering wheel. The moonroof is great too, it makes this car look so beautiful!

The interior design is the only place where Minis are lacking. The cup holders are small and misplaced, the gauges and and doors have too much plastic and look a bit like a toy car. I think a quirky interior is fitting for this car, but maybe make it a bit higher quality. Overall a this is a great car.

Sporty and Fun
By travlr

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My red Mini with a black roof, black bonnet stripes, and Union Jack side and interior mirror makes many people smile as I drive by. It's quick and maneuverable in Manhattan traffic. I rarely drive higher than 3rd gear in the city and it scoots into the traffic lanes very nicely.

It has great brakes, comfortable seats, good visibility, is very solid on the road and holds the track as if it's on a railroad line.

The center armrest should be standard. I bought an aftermarket one, which is terrific.

Love This Car
By melissa

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is every bit as much fun as it looks. It's also very solid. I was recently rear-ended and couldn't believe how sturdy the car is.

It drives like a go-cart, but faster and parks anywhere. It has an iPod connection built in. It gets great gas mileage. It has a navigation system.

The navigation on the stereo isn't the greatest. The interface with the iPod is really basic and a little dissappointing, although the sound is great.

A Blast from the Past
By hsnsocal

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

What a blast this car is! I live in Sunny San Diego and could not be happier with my new Mini Cooper S Convertible. I test drove the convertible Volkswagen Beetle and the Mazda MX-5 before making my decision and still think the Mini is a great buy. The suspension is stiff and responsive. It is a small car that makes it fun and easy to find parking spaces. It does have some blind spots, but with time you learn how to adjust to this and the sensors help when backing up. I took mine on an eight hour road trip and the car was very comfortable. I was able to fit a large suite case in the back with the seats down. Go test drive one if you are thinking about buying one, you will have blast.

The automatic top, automatic transmission, supercharger and heated seats, and how it is great on a cool night with the top down. There is minimal noise was with the windows up and the top down, you can even still talk on a cell phone.

Give it a little more leg room in the back.