Used 2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Love My MINI
By MiniSuz

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It's only been six months, but the love affair continues between me and my MINI! I've never had such fun owning and driving a car!

Size, shape, instrument cluster, and the peppiness of it are amazing!

Just keep making more!

The Mini is a Hoot
By Linda

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Mini is a "big car in a little body." It has plenty of power on the highway, gets great gas mileage, and is just plain fun to drive. The only negative thing about it is that it uses a higher grade of gasoline than most.

The automatic headlights and windshield wipers.

Lowering the required octane.

Service stinks!
By ***

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

While I love driving my 2-week old Mini, the service available stinks! After only having my Mini for 2 weeks, the Service Engine light came on and the car lost power. When I called my BMW dealer, they told me I could get in 1 week later! They only have 1 Mini repair person! I also called area BMW dealers and haven't received return calls. Be careful when buying this car to ensure there are more certified repair people for MINI in your area!

GET MORE MINI COOPER Certified mechanics. If not, this car will not be on the market long! If you can't get it repaired, why buy it?!!!

The best small car in the U.S.!
By Mark Smith

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The MINI for me is the only car that truly excells in the categories of Style, Performance, Fun to drive, and practicality. It's great on fuel economy (29mpg avg. Cooper S manual), comes with three years of free maintenance (even covers brakes), has go kart performance, and is able to fit all of the people and cargo that I ever need. There's nothing negative I can say about the vehicle. It does everything I ask it to do above and beyond the call of duty. Why would you consider any other small vehicle?

I love the looks, performance, and great economy, and free 3 year maintenance that this vehicle has!

We MINI owners need a few more dealers.

my toy
By pedro fonseca

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little car, i am 70 years old and I feel very confortable driven my mini, the power is more than enoug, already drive to Tampa at 70 and 80 miles per hour and run beautifull, stability is great and brake excelent, I just trade a BMW 330 convertible and i have more fun with my mini, every body look at the car and ask question. I wish if can running with regular gas but they recomended high grade that is expensive.

transmition because i can swith from automatic to manual

regular tires like michelin o pirelis