Used 2004 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

I Love This Car!
By Mini Girl

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a Mini lover from way back, and never dreamed I'd own my own. Now that I do, I'm finding that a car is not just a car, it's an identity, a conversation starter, a hobby, an entertainment, and so much more. My kids ride in the back, and all they can talk about is becoming old enough to be able to drive it. Even my husband, who is a tough sell, says we'll never sell it and one day, it will be our own cool, classic car. It is light on storage, but that's not why I bought it and I find a way to carry whatever I need to. Thanks to Mini for building such a marvelous automobile. I'm in love!

Interior design, stereo (Harman Kardon), brakes, cornering, power sun roof, gas mileage, exterior design, reliability.

Fun Car, not exactly reliable.
By LJKelley

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this cute car in 2003 and absolutely loved the interior and styles of the outside. I also loved the fact it had great fuel economy. At first it was real fun but alot of issues cropped up including one cell in the battery going bad causing the whole car to not start. Regular electric issues were found including after warranty was out such as windows, heat etc. These issues were sporadic and would work most of the time.

Gas mileage and the look, style, and feel of the car. It was a great car to drive.

Handling could have been smoother. The reliability should be worked as well as the dealer network. If you move due to work you can be really out of luck.

A must own for any enthusiast
By Andy S.

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned several affordable performance cars and this is by far my favorite. The comfort and build quality are just so so, but you don't care because it is so much fun to drive on a daily basis. Anyone who likes driving needs to own a MINI at sometime in their life.

The power, the sound the car makes, the handling.

Better gas mileage (it's not that great considering it's a 1.6L), fewer rattles, and more dealerships where you can get service (there is only one in my entire state).

Expensive to own!
By carrieb

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a really fun car to drive but very expensive to own. Have owned less than two years and have had one thing after another malfunction. Fragile and only the dealer seems to know how to repair. Hit a pothole and had to replace the tire and rim for $1000! Considering selling and buying something more reliable.

Zippy to drive, bonnet stripes, cute to look at

Bigger cupholders, easier way to hook up ipod, smoother ride

MyMini
By Fire

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding on all levels from quality to service professionality. BMW put it's high standards on this and it definitely shows.

That old Euro technology!

Bullet proof windshields