Used 2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Sable

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

Great car
By Texas guy

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Best car I've ever owned. Plenty of power, 25 mpg on the highway, very smooth ride. Good handling.

Interior room. It is huge.

A little more ground clearance.

Love my Mercury
By Chuck

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brought my car as a Program Car with 18,000 miles. Have since put on 6,000 miles which includes one long trip to Phoenix and return to SD. We're Snowbirds,and we don't travel lightly as my wife seems to move things from one closet to another. Trunk space is huge and with both back seats folded flat we load it with banana boxes, garment bags and etc.. When we get loaded, we're heavy. Never the less at the end of the trip our information center said we averaged 29.8 MPG. Driving at interstate speeds,that's good. The ride is great, comfortable and quiet. I really love this car, the best one yet, and yes, Fords got it right on this one.

Economy of operation. Information Center. Comfort and ride.

Great Car
By RCS

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new for my wife because of the seat height. Drove to Memphis, TN for vacation and averaged 36.3 mpg for the trip, a total of 1875 miles. Plenty of room and large trunk. Like the styling of the Sable better than the Taurus and interior is more upgraded. Ride is great, almost as smooth as the Crown Vic I had. Recomend car very highly.

Comfort, interior, trunk space.

None

I love this car
By Ron

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The best car I have ever owned, excellent quality, I looked at Caddy,BMW, Buick, this car has much nicer interior and up grades than cars costing 50K

Center console is a winner with storage, 3 power points, large interior and trunk,,Fold down rear and passenger seat, heated seats really work great.

No glove box light..And factory tires (pereralla) are very noisy. will upgrade to Mich when needed..Had front end suspension noise, dealer took care of it.

Sensible car buyer
By Careful Shopper

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with my base model Sable..However the auto I purchased did come with the interior convenience package, Sat. radio, mud flaps, and electric front seats. Very, very quiet, handle well, and rides great.. The transmission is very smooth and the engine is impressive. The fit and finish is extremely good. I feel it was the best car for the money in my price range. I also considered the Avalon, Fusion, Milan, and Tarus. I've had a lot of experience with the Tarus (Sable's twin) with my job and have never had any problems with it. One had over 135000 miles on it. The last time I checked milage was 30.5 with well over half of those miles in city driving.

Confortble and quite ride, room, gas milage, powertrain, safety, quality build with impressive fit and finish, features found on much more expensive vehicles in its class

option of front bench seating which would result in even more room, handle or some mechanism to assist in closing trunk...I prefer turn knobs rather than the many interior push buttons for various selections, but that's just my preference. Buttons have not been a problem..more attractive rear lights