Used 2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Sable

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

47000 miles and NO PROBLEMS.
By KJN

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great car in all conditions. All wheel drive has been marvelous in two exceptionally brutal Chicago winters. Sync system is a joy. Heated seats, navigation system and all the other goodies have also stood up well. A true reliable and dependable full sized american sedan.

Sync, nav system, rear sensors, heated seats. Exceptional rear leg room. RELIABILITY!

None

2008 Sable is a great car
By JD

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 17,000 on my '08 Sable, I purchased it new in Feb. 2009 and it has been trouble free. Only warranty service was to align one of the back doors better; if it was not for that my build quality rating would be 10. I wanted a big and smooth car and this one has delivered. It is a big, tall car with easy access to front and rear seating. Performance rating of 9 takes it for what it is, a big smooth car, not a sports car. If you are looking for a used family car this is a great choice.

Great reliability, reasonable fuel mileage for it's size, great power for it's size, easy to get in and out of, nice interior. Recommended as a used car.

N/A - They do not make them anymore.

GREAT CAR!!!!
By phil m

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Mercury Sable. Both have been very reliable. Howevwer the 2008 is far more comfortable and luxurious than the 2005 I replaced. High seating, great visibility, huge back seat and trunk make this a perfect family car. I also own a Lincoln Town Car, but the Sable is the preferred car for trips. Build quality is excellent. I would highly recommend the car to anyone of any age. You will not be sorry if you buy one.

dual zone climate control, heated seats, adjustable pedals, passenger room

None, car is great!!

Traded up
By Randall

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was originally drawn to the sable because of its exterior looks. I wanted good gas mileage without sacrificing enough power to be able to enter busy freeways or pass on a two lane highway with safety. So far we have taken it on two long trips. The ride was smooth and we made good time plus we didnt spend that much on gas. The gas gauge stays on full for an incredibly long time. My wife loves the little analog clock with the purple glow. She says it relaxes her while driving. The sound system is good. We love the style of the seats and interior. We had negative equity on our trade in, so we decided to trade up for a car that would still be good after we finished paying for it.

Complaint
By john

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only complaint is the style,especially the back.Should be more stylish like a Camry, and accord. Not as smooth riding as my 2003 and 1998 Gran Prei. Especially on bumps. This is an honest review. Other than that I like the car roomy.Great trunk. I still haven't got my 18 mi. to gallon locally?

Sleeker rear end