Used 2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

Maintenance free
By GREAT CAR

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my montego for 5 years and have 145,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with this car. I hoping to keep it this car for 4 more years and give it to my daughter.

Dependable and easy drive

I want another one
By Denali89107

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Despite the fact that the original dealer went belly-up last year, we still love our Montego. It's by far the most comfortable vehicle we've ever had - or will have. It has been totally problem free except for a recall to replace the rear disk brakes at no cost to us. We're really saddened to see the Mercury brand go away and would love to find another vehicle that has the tremendously comfortable seating of the Montego.

Exceptionally comfortable seating and great gas mileage.

None. Ford would be wise to bring the Montego back again.

Underrated
By KNOFAC

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got this recently and I love it. I've always liked large "dad cars," and this car is a monster! Its design is subtle, and probably bland to most, but I love how elegant it looks. It's a deceptively powerful car that accelerates and handles like a dream. Could use a little more power, though. It's roomy, which is great for my lankier build. Tons of trunk/passenger space. It's mechanically sound and has a great factory sound system. The fuel economy is right around 20/28 for me, which is very good for a huge V6 vehicle. Overall, this car is a sleeper hit. It's comfortable and efficient, but won't appeal to fans of smaller vehicles that preach about fuel economy.

Style, comfortable interior, smooth handling, good fuel economy, quiet, heated seats

A bit lacking in power

Wonderful
By Stephanie

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a bigger car, really an SUV, but when I started looking I realized I couldn't afford it. So I saw the Montego and at first I was unsure but after I drove it and tested it to the max it's wonderful, great on gas, roomy, and of course with the leather it's perfect. It rides smooth and quite comfortable I must say. So if you are looking for a car the Montego is a great way to go.

Favorite car I've owned
By Dan

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from GM products to Ford products way back in the 80's when I had to work on different cars. I had a 2001 Sable and wanted a car with warranty for my wife. This car blows me away. The AC controls that allow balance side to side or front to rear, the auto seat setting that sets per which remote control is used, the backup sensors, the big mirrors make backing up a pleasure, the radio that adjust sound level to speed, the fold down back and front passenger seat that allows long packages, the message center that tells all about the car, the steering wheel controls for cruise and radio, plus the 5 star safety rating...plus buying it used, what a deal and I got 100K of warranty!

Automatic seat setting that can be by switch or remote. My wife remote one sets for her, remote 2 for me.

None, of course I'd prefer the 3.5 liter that the new Sable has...but this is my third Duratec and suits me fine. Any more horse power would be a luxury