Used 2005 Mercury Montego Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercury Montego

View reviews for a specific Montego model:

Love my Mercury
By Nancy

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Fun car to drive! love the radio/stereo controls on the steering wheel, high seating, heated seats, and two tone leather interior. Only draw backs thus far for me is the disappointing gas mileage. Unlike others that are claiming high 20's I only get 19-20 mpg for mixed city/hwy (I figure it with every fill up.) It handles well, is very comfortable, love all the cup holders too! Ford really got this one right!

Large trunk, heated seats, and elevated seating.

Getting the truck to open easier. It is heavy and a little spring would be nice, also a bubble on the top glove box just appeared-I have read other people complain about that too. But other than that it's a great car.

Fun to Drive or Fun to Cruise?
By XXGMSMGXX89

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Montego CVT AWD. It handles so great for a car of its size, and has awesome acceleration (obviously, not better than a Maxima or Avalon...). Last night, I was coming home from a party, and I had some fun on the highway. Let me just say, the CVT really has a great ratio spread and the engine, despite having only 203 hp, is pretty snappy above...60 mph. (ok, around 75 I floored it, and the tacho went up to 6700 rpm, and I went from 75 to 90 in around 2 seconds!) BTW I wasn't drunk, or anything. I just was in a great mood, and I wanted to drive fast. I can only hope the new Montego has more (it will,because of the 3.5 liter engine) driving pleasure

My favorite feature is the CVT, dual heated leather seats, AWD, Traction Control (a fun button in the snow :) and the pretty big sunroof.

The inly thing (which they already are doing) is add more power, and when in park or neutral, the car only revs to about 3400 rpm...I know it's not a ricer or a sports car, but sometimes, I just like to hear it. CVT reaction could be a little better, ie. quicker downshifts.

One of the Best
By Dan

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive. I have owned a few vehicles in my day, but this vehicle is one of the best I have ever driven. It is responsive, visibility is great. Great, Great vehicle.

Duel climate control and the heated seats.

Air conditioned seats, better sound system. Navigation system.

Lots of room...
By Misti Doty

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has loads of room and fits car seats well but the 6 speed automatic doesn't perform as expected. Also fuel economy is not on par for a 210 hp small V6 that moves the vehicle along brisk enough I guess...

Room and features

Drivetrain is anemic and trans unsorted

Proof in the Pudding
By Jim Wells

2005 Mercury Montego Luxury AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I finally got to take a 3000-mile drive through Wa, Idaho, Montana and Oregon with my 2005 Premier AWD. This is a great long-trip car in the Ford tradition. Comfort and 27-mpg over every type of rural and urban terrain with the CVT tranny. The Duratec V-6 performed more than adequately throughout the trip. It's a little slow at the get-go, but is fine at higher speeds, so don't be put off by hot rod auto magazine editors. A very civilized car with great content, quality and comfort for the money. Nothing so wrong with "modern maturity" as one reviewer wrote.

Elevated seating for comfort and room and ease of entry. Safety package.

The forthcoming V-6 for those that want more power. Nice body style, now, but unleash the stylists.