Used 2009 Mercury Milan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercury Milan

View reviews for a specific Milan model:

Ask the Man who Owns one
By Happy Owner

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Can't understand the bad reviews that the power trains get on these cars. Being a auto mech I was impressed with the power of the 4cyl. The workmanship in this car is perfect and would compare to any higher priced car. This is a great car for the American public and for the price it sure is a buy. Buy Ford Products

Movable stering wheel and 17" tires for smooth handling

make the owners manual user friendly

2009 Milan is a great value
By Jim

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2003 Honda Accord EX for my 2009 Milan VOGA. The Milan styling is unique and the VOGA in white suede turns many heads. Many have said they didn't know Mercury made such a nice looking, sporty sedan. I've had many compliments on the looks and the car is just as fun to drive. I was also looking at a Chevy Malibu, but with the incentives and discounts I got more options for less money with the Milan. I have the 4-cly. and I range between 30.4 and 33.6 mpg. and I don't even have 4000 miles on it yet. I'm anxious to see what kind of mileage I get on a trip this weekend. I suspect Ford is going to give the imports some serious competition with this model.

Leather-heated seats, sirius radio, gas mileage, sporty look and handling.

The headrest should be made to tilt back/forth for comfort, it seems to be set an an akward angle. With the many luxury features that Ford has included on this model, daytime running lights is curiously absent. Too bad.

First American and Automatic a BUY!
By Prof Baldie

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first American car and first automatic. We considered VW CC, Mazda 6S, Acura TL and Infinity 35. But felt guilty with the recession and auto industry meltdown so decided to give domestic a try. We settled on a Hybrid Fusion and made a deposit but lead time was just too long (our second car had been stolen months earlier) and could wait no longer. Saw the Milan, liked it, did some research and ended up with a Milan Voga with AWD. Wife still misses her fun-to-drive VW Jetta Turbo and Subaru Outback but loves features of Milan AWD Voga. Her biggest complaint is the turning circle, which I hope is improved in the 2010 model.

Sync, Navigation, Build Quality, Value for the money, Safety features and ratings, maintenance schedule, regular gasoline, trunk volume, folding front seat and rear seat room.

Fuel economy could be better -- a Camaro with larger V-6 gets almost 20% better fuel economy. Wheel turning circle is anemic and needs to be improved. Finally, the trunk should pop open when the remote is activated, not simply unlatched. Minor improvements that would make this a perfect buy!

Who Says America can't build a great car
By George

2009 Mercury Milan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is superior to my friends Camaries and Accords (all of which have had to go back to the dealer for some issues) - hands down. I don't understand the comments about power and sub-par engines. This car hums along beautifully and I get better fuel economy then the sticker states!! Half the time I can't even tell the engine is running! To summarize - Don't spend more then you have to on a NAME - buy a great car at a great price!!

RELIABILTY - Style - Price

Better Marketing for this GREAT CAR!!!

Love it!
By Skeeter

2009 Mercury Milan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 09 Milan for 3 months. We have taken one long trip in it. The rest of the time has been spent driving within 50 miles of home. Right now I am getting 30.4 mpg with a cruising range of over 500 miles. With employee pricing and rebates, I was able to buy this awesome vehicle for less than $20,000. We live in the country so Sirrus radio is wonderful since we can't always pick up a good radio station.

Sync, 6 pack CD player, Sirrus radio, back-up sensors (I feel safer with small grandchildren around), heated seats and mirrors and automatic dimming rear view mirror. Also like oil changes every 5000 miles vs 3000 in previous vehicles.

Figure out how to not have to resync phone every time the engine is turned off.