Used 2006 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Mariner

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Update for Our 2006 Mariner
By NZ

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mariner has been a very practical vehicle with its roominess and reliability. We already have 16,000 miles on it and we're finding that the more miles it has on it, the worse road noise gets. Also, there's not many places to store things. There's two small overhead bins, a small in- console "cubby", and two cupholders up front. It's an average vehicle. I'm sure there are better alternatives.

Two-tones leather seats, leg room up front, roominess, two power plug in things up front, and auto head lamps.

Make the seat heater buttons on the console and not where you can bump it near the floor when you get in; more rim choices and sizes; make interior more quiet; and if your trying to make the interior look luxurious, don't but in fake metallic trim and wood. Also, offer a brown wood.

2006 Mercury Mariner
By Peggy

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best deal on a vehicle all the way around. I commute 3-4 hours per day and didn't feel safe on the freeways in my 4-cylinder. This car was top on the safety list for it's class and I can see why. It's sturdy, not too big, has a luxury interior, and good options. Handles well in traffic. I looked at the Ford Escape which uses the same body, but the interior was very cheap, using plastic instead of chrome for the buttons and console areas. The fact that I got it loaded for 0% interest and $1,000 rebate made my purchase even sweeter.

Moon roof, satellite digital radio, 6 CD changer, good air conditioning, seats are high enough to get in comfortably.

More body colors. Mercury basically offered black, white, brown, red (which no one could find), and several shades of silver. Would like to see more colors! Also get rid of the black & white seats! They are ugly and look like something you'd find on a sports car in the 60's.

Peacock Process
By Peacock

2006 Mercury Mariner Convenience 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like everything about this car, except the mileage. Wish that I had bought a hybrid, as I'm doing a lot of driving. I was told that it would pay for itself, but the cost of gasoline has risen dramatically since I bought this car, and I'm reconsidering my choice of car. 20 - 22 mpg in town, and 22-24 mpg on the road.

Not the Best, but Good
By NZ

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Our Mercury Mariner is a good SUV. We've had no problems with it in our 3 months of having it. It's fun to drive and is comfortable for its price tag. It has okay fuel economy (there's other small SUVs with better fuel economy). We get about 20 miles per gallon overall. I am very happy with the interior room it has. I've been in a Jeep Liberty and I love the fact that I can stretch out more in the Mariner. The leather seats are firm, but can be irritating at times. The Mariner is a nice affordable small SUV. If your in the market for a small SUV, look at this one!

Standard heated leather seats (only front seats are heated), interior room, storage room, luxurious interior, standard information center, chrome on exterior.

Ugly fake wood inside, bland exterior, fuel economy, some popular features are missing, doors can be sometimes hard to close, too much plastic in the interior, wind noise.

A lot of car for the buck
By lvnorte

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife recently wanted a every day small SUV that got good gas mileage She looked at all of the small SUV's in the market including the BMW X3. She was thinking about a Ford Escape and one look at the Mercury Mariner changed all of that. For the price difference which is not much the Mariner has many extra features that make it much more luxurious. Trading from a 740i BMW was a difficult choice, however the premier Mariner was what mife decided she wanted and she has not been disappointed. The vehicle is nice to look at has good performance and economy

Been pleasantly surprised at the gas mileage. Have gotten over 27 MPG on the highway with the cruise set at 70 MPH

All wheel disc brakes on non hybrid and AWD vehicles