Used 2006 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Mariner

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Great Car
By Crystal

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car to drive. Comfortable, hugs the road, quiet and fun. Got the Moon roof worth the extra. Getting 27 back and forth (12 miles) to work and 31+ on interstate driving.

Moon roof

none

Nice roomy small suv
By Nic

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great small suv and very good looking. Lots of wind noise on the highway. Metal seems thin on exterior. Windows make a clanging noise when closing them. Base of door sits on an outer ledge that just traps dirt.

Nice interior features

Sound proofing, sound reduction when closing windows, thicker exterior metal

listen up!!
By Hans P.

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a Dodge Ram pickup for 5 yrs. After all this gas price scam the American public was falling victim to I finally bought a car that is easy on my wallet. The Mariner rides great and handles well. The gas mileage is a litle less than advertised. But that depends on ones drivng habits. The only thing I didnt really like was that looking out the rear view mirror is a challege due to the rear seat headrests are in the way. Sooooo I was able to remove them and the rear view is much better.It has a great sound system with a 6 CD changer.

handles well, easy to park (after driving a pickup truck), good acceleration....gotta get the v-6

Rear seat headrest location. Improve gas mileage. (why is gas mileage always less than stated but never more?)

It's Okay
By EP

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had our Mariner for 5 months and it's okay. I'm tall and I have plenty of head and leg room. The exterior looks great, and it does good on poor road conditions. However, the back latch went out after only 3,000 miles...not impressive. The center console is structurally weak. If I push it from the side a little, it will deflect and creak. You must memorize the cruise control buttons if you use them at night because they are not lighted. Overall, it is a good looking car with poor quality.

Good looking exterior and comfortable

The instrument cluster is too small, and the needles are too short and stubby. There is no light on the cruise control buttons. There is no light under the hood. The center console is very weak. Back latch went out only after 3,000 miles!!!

Fun and comfortable to drive
By Angela

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 3rd murcury and from coming out of the Monterey to the Mairiner there is a world of difference. It drives more like a car and handles like one too...and did I mention comfort! We have the premier with the leather and leather heated seats and I totally recommend it. The gas mileage isn't all that bad, we are getting 18 mpg in the city which actually is the same that we were getting with a mini-van. I totally recommend this suv.

Sun roof, heated leather seats and in dash chander

Temperature gauge, vents for the rear seats and electrical pedal control like you had in the Sable LS for us shorter women.