Used 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

I may have bought my last Mercury
By Richard

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the big body on frame, V8 RWD Mercurys. I believe they are going to drop the Grand Marque. They are down to one model, with few options. You just can't get all the options offered an there other models. If you could I may be in the market for one. I love my Marauder and don't plan on getting rid of it I would like a second car like the Grand Marque. I guess I will have to go for something else. So where do I go? Cadillac, BMW (overpriced).

Love These Cars!
By ActionTaxi

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Someone in these reviews made a very good point. He said that cabbies and cops use these cars. I own a taxi cab business. Mercury Grand Marquis are simply reliable, fun to drive, powerful vehicles.

Comfort, space for passengers and luggage, power and just a darn good looking car to look at. The radio/CD player controls on the steering wheel are a very safe addition.

A longer lasting turn signal/ hazard light switch assembly.

Gorgeous Car
By David

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Marquis in September, I have absolutely no regrets about it. The car is beautiful, it looks better than most town cars. Mine is silver with a black cloth roof, and decked out with chrome.

I have never been in a more comfortable car, its very quiet and it rides wonderfully with that air suspension. It's a shame that its viewed as an "old person's car," because I am 20 years old,and love the car. It is extremely easy to handle, park, and drive; people who complain about bad parking or bad handling need to go back to driving school. One last thing, it is excellent in the snow, I live up on hills and let me tell you,snow tires and posi traction rear is great!

Solid, comfortable, quiet ride. Tons of room both interior and trunk, classy looking, MPG is 18 and 27 for me. Great in the snow.

Heated seats standard maybe? That's it though. 250 horsepower would have been even better, but that's ok.

Honest real world opinion
By Thom

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My driving and ownership experience. Hmm. Well all said and done, second too none. The MGM is by far the best car I have ever owned, inside and out. I've given this car the highest ratings all around including fuel economy. I find though my research most larger cars as well as mini-vans or other family sized vehicles average around 20-25 mpg. I average about 25 mpg (26.7) to be precise with my Grand Marquis. Now factor the size and weight and power of the car and compare that on a scale to ANY small car or large car. You will find the MGM is the green or most fuel efficient car on the road. Outside of fuel economy, I rate the reliability five stars. MGM has a proven record and still holds it.

Roomy, Comfy, simple, great handling and for some reason it is a chick magnet. (A benefit I found out after buying the car)

Well there is only one thing I can think of and this is probably more my age talking (28 yrs), I'd really like to see one standard shift.

Oldie but a goodie!!!!
By Brian

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

134,000 miles and counting! I have not lost a drop of oil or have a spot of rust! And they said American cars are no good. Ha! I average 23 mpg 80/20 highway/city. Still as smooth as the day I bought it and by the way for those who are curious about repair costs...it literally is the cheapest parts of any car made in the last 10 yrs. So its a low cost commuter too. The wheels will have to fall off before I let it go!

Ride quality, cop car look, low cost of ownership. Crash results make it very safe.

Winter driving is poor even with snow tires unfortunately...have to have a truck for the winter.