Used 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Safe, Comfortable, and Reliable
By pcastoldi

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Grand Marquis and all of the features that it has to offer. Since I purchased this vehicle used, I got an excellent deal on it and with it a decent bundle of features that make this car a real joy to drive around with. I purchased it with over 63,000 miles on it and I now have over 74,000 miles. The seats are very comfortable; the trunk is carnivorous - one of the largest in the North American market; the ride is smooth; and the engine has plenty of power to cruise along the highway or pass any vehicles in your way. Combine this with it's extreme reliability (I have not needed to do anything other than standard maintenance) and you have a winning combination! I love it!

The 4.6L V8; Map pouches for both the front driver and passenger; Traction Control; Power Pedals, 8-Way Power Driver's Seat; and Power Lumbar. Another feature that Mercury seems to have on most every Grand Marquis is the double sun-visors - nice touch!

Two things: First, I would try and change the way the A/C system is engineered. Mine ended up failing on my way back from a road trip in Florida, during the dead-heat of Summer. It seems that many owners of this car, much like the Crown Victoria and the Town Car, have had issues with their A/C. It's quite frustrating - and I have yet to find out what the repair bill is going to be. Second, the cupholder placement. This is sort of a nit-picky thing, but when you have the cupholder fully extended you are bound to smash your knee on it when you are getting in and out of the car. I've done it more than once, and I'm sure other's have too. But, again, this isn't anything major.

what else would i want?
By abi1984

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bough the car with 115,000 miles and now it has close to 200,000.. what can i say its my fifth grand marquis,, i love these cars .. never been left on the road.. i would recomended to anyone.. one weak spot r the windows with aint a big deal.. and these new models give trouble with the automatic climate control.. its the most expensibe thing i ever replace on the car.. but other than that what else u want from a car.. wouldnt never change for a cadillac..

i love the air suspension, the controls in the steering wheel and the mubable pedals..

they could had come out with a better system for the windows..

Hard to be Objective
By Waggly Toast

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's hard to be objective when the car is perfect. We've had it for a year and we've never had a single problem with the vehicle. We purchased it from my Grandmother and she never had a single issue either. We towed a 3K lb. trailer from AL to UT and it handled the trip with ease. No problems whatsoever. Gas mileage for the trip was around 15 mpg. I was amazed. The car rides smooth and is very quiet. Three car seats fit in the back with plenty of room and we can seat three adults up front. We have enjoyed owning such a reliable vehicle. We put about 15K miles/year on the vehicle. We would recommend it to everyone.

Leather, place for 2 pair of sunglasses, cupholder holds HUGE cups, easy to handle, car can tow a lot of weight without any difficulty, quiet, smooth ride, has great pick-up and amazing horsepower, MASSIVE trunk

Trying to listen to AM stations is impossible. I cannot listen to Rush Limbaugh while I'm in the car unless he's on an FM station.

I may have bought my last Mercury
By Richard

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the big body on frame, V8 RWD Mercurys. I believe they are going to drop the Grand Marque. They are down to one model, with few options. You just can't get all the options offered an there other models. If you could I may be in the market for one. I love my Marauder and don't plan on getting rid of it I would like a second car like the Grand Marque. I guess I will have to go for something else. So where do I go? Cadillac, BMW (overpriced).

Love These Cars!
By ActionTaxi

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Someone in these reviews made a very good point. He said that cabbies and cops use these cars. I own a taxi cab business. Mercury Grand Marquis are simply reliable, fun to drive, powerful vehicles.

Comfort, space for passengers and luggage, power and just a darn good looking car to look at. The radio/CD player controls on the steering wheel are a very safe addition.

A longer lasting turn signal/ hazard light switch assembly.