Used 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

My 98 Merc. Marquis
By Paul Neuman

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

This is an all white car very comfortable to drive and ride in. No collision history with the exception of a wrinkled left edge of the bumper which caught on the edge of the garage door while exiting. The bumper was replaced. The car has 101,000 miles on the odometer. It is on its second set of tires which are about ready to be replaced and probably will need new brakes within the next 5000 miles. Out side of these two items the car is in excellent condition. The interior is blue fabric. The car does not require additional oil between changes.

Has a better radio and speaker system then the Highlander we drive. Excellent car for long distance driving. Feel very safe in the car

New tires and brakes

Happy owner
By Willard

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Have experienced almost eight years of trouble free operation. Vehicle now has 75000 miles. Fuel mileage for our routine shopping is 20+.

Controls handy and easy

Could use the double/spllit sun vison we had on previous Explorer.

'98 Mercury Grand Marquis
By MercuryFan

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used in 2002 with 75,000 miles. I have since put on almost 100,000 miles with no problems. The engine/transmission on these cars is bulletproof. This is my third Grand Marquis. The two previous cars were an '85 and a '92. Both of them reached 200,000 miles with no engine or transmission problems. I would definitely buy another one.

Reliability, air conditioning, ride, and comfort.

Improve the structural rigidity of the chassis. I have noticed the frame flex on snow/ice conditions. I've noticed this on my '85 and '92 models also.

Tom's Car
By tomtom

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I like driving the car. It's a smooth ride but packs enough power to make a jump off the line. I'm not saying it's a racing car, but for a passanger car it's a nice car overall. I put a 1000W system in it. i got 2 12" p1 subs and a 8" bazooka tube. This is with 4 new speakers and a Sony faceplate. If you're buying this car, you really shouldn't have many improvements in mind. This is a smooth car and great for drives anywhere. I put in a system becuase it's what I love and I'm looking to put on 20" rims if it'll hold them and chrome most of it out.

Size of car overall. Huge trunk for anything you need it for. Enough room in the car to fit 5 very comfortably. I've had 7 in the car and it still wasn't packed.

1998 Grand Marquis
By Jeff

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my wife with 87k. It is very nice to drive. Smooth and quiet. The best combined MPG to date is 21.72 . Since then I changed out the single exhaust to duals using Walker Quiet Flow mufflers and a Walker H- pipe. Doing this cut almost .6 sec off the quarter mile time. Don't know on the MPG's yet. I can't run the fuel out.LOL.

V-8 power and rear wheel drive. 5 star crash rating. More than enough room.

None. Out of production.