Used 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

A Car with Character
By King Arthur

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

It's surprisingly fun to drive and gets good gas mileage for a V8. The trunk space is huge and the bench seats comfortable. I took it on cross- country trips because it's built for the highway and never had any problems in cold Iowa winters. The rear-wheel drive made it prone to getting stuck in the snow but it always started right up and heated up quickly. Now for the problems. *All four power window motors died, sometimes forcing me to take apart the door to get the window up. *1 door wouldn't unlock from outside OR inside *Power seat died *Gears stripped in the blower for the A/C & heat *A/C went out *Tranny started to slip *Had to junk it after 145,000 mi I still recommend!

Comfortable seats, roomy, gets respect on the road since it's a big car, rear wheel drive, good 25 mpg on highway, plenty of power, interior and exterior hold up well if taken care of.

Better motors and electronics for windows, doors, seats. Heater and A/C problems were common. Headlights very weak.

'93 Marquis what a car
By 93 marquis

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I needed a four door due to 3 kids. Now we drive it all the time. The gas mileage is great for an older car but it runs like a dream. I can't even tell the engine is running. And passing power is amazing. State troopers use it, but there is a reason they do. It's pure fun to drive and comfy as a warm blanket on a cold night.

The room you have and passing power

Don't make the wheel covers so expensive.

Fun to Drive
By Bo

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Overall the 1993 mercury Grand marquis LS is very fun to drive and has good power it is reliable and starts first try.

Power seats, PWR windows two cup holders up front.

Cup holders in the back

Good ol workhorse
By Paul Elzey

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

The 93 GS that I owned was as reliable as the sun rising every morning - hardly a problem in 80000 miles of ownership. I ran the miles up to just over 160,000. The engine used no oil between 3000 mile oil changes and was always willing to run. The body was as tight as any car I've ever ridden in, with minimal noise from wind.

My favorite thing about owning/driving this car was the 'habit' of it all. It was like moving your arm - it just did just what you thought it should. Reliability was outstanding.

I suppose you could improve on the GS by moving up to the LS, but the most glaring thing missing was cup holders. Also the road noise was a little louder than I thought it should be. The trunk also leaked after about 110,000 miles and just before I traded it the right rear door seals were leaking.

OK for a Grandpa Car
By Cary

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Although I bought this car as a stop gap measure (as my other car blew its trans). I have been ok with this one so far. I have a bad spine due to injury, and the ride of this car is very good for both short and long hauls. I am involved in my sons (youth) fraternal oganization and frequently my car serves a bus for teens and early twenties. Even on three hour rides to events, no complaints and everybody has room.

Interior lighting, Lumbar support (power), and trunk size.

Fuel mileage? whats that??? If this car has any cup holders, I still cant find them after 3 years! So cup holders would be nice.