Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

I want to live in it.
By Tig

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is the prettiest and the most satisfying car I've ever driven. Exhilirating straight away, in curves, uphill, downhill and just sitting still.

The 7-speed automatic transmission and the exterior design. I wish MB never redesigns the SLK.

The cup holder has to be relocated. Why is it SLK 280 when it is presumably 3 Liters? Shouldn't it be the SLK 300.

Awesome Red Screamer
By Benzluvr

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After putting 3k miles on my new SLK280 I must say Im enjoying it more and more each time I drive. Only drawback is the seats. No lumbar support and the big drawback, very non ambient stereo. Wish it would have come with at least a basic base system. No way to upgrade according to Mercedes. Otherwise, fun car and sharp looking.

Exterior muscular look. Fast and responsive. Hardtop convertible is quiet.

Upgrade the stereo system. Anything less than Harmon Kardon sounds cheap and has no ambience what so ever.

Best Convertible
By convert-able

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

At 3k miles, only minor driverside window prob. Interior easily marks up / difficult to clean. Great car -- I believe that's why I bought one. Guys drool at it and women admire it. Sporty, classy and fun.

Vario hardtop, Exterior styling, airscarf, upgrade sound system, roominess, trunk space (you'll be surprised) and AMG baby.

Diff interior material, Cupholder placement(this is a eurodesign which I don't think will ever go away

Honey I am going to the Store Again!
By rgs455returns

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned! I had a certain level of expectation that the car would be really good but the SLK 350 far exceed my expectations! I am 6'4" and fit in the car just fine. The car has very responsive sports car ride. The interior is just as impressive as the exterior. Instrumentation and electronics are spectacular! The extras are well worth the money, preset power seats between my wife and I, key controlled remote for the top outside the car, cruse control sets to the exact speed. The neck scarf is a must. The gas mileage is much better than I expected! The car is very quiet with the top up and very little wind noise with the top down! Clearly the best!

I really love the sound the car makes with the top down and the smooth 7 speed automatic pours out the pure horsepower! This car is the best kept secret! It’s great to drive something that is very different than everyone else!

I just can't think of one! Mercedes has truly given tremendous amount of thought to every detail!

Sweet!
By B Kalla

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Mercedes and I love it. I look forward to going to work so I can drive it. Great power and handling. Turns on a dime, and stops in no time. Need to be careful, even with the top down it is easy to get over the speed limit without even noticing. Love the retractable top. Great sound system with the upgrade and neck scarf is nice. Gets surprisingly good gas mileage, I get 25+ mpg on my drive to work as long as the top is up and 22- 23 with the top down.

Love the power top, stereo and especially the performance. I'm surprised I haven't accumulated any tickets. Satellite radio is especially nice.

Seats need lumbar support. Cup holders are in a really inconvenient spot.