Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

A Great Little Car
By Vince

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

I had a Lambo door kit installed early on. For those not really in the know, people asked me if it was an SLR. I like the styling cues taken from the SLR. Several times other lesser car drivers have taken me on from a stoplite to their disappointment (just a quick launch).The exhaust note is wonderful, much better than my SLK32 AMG (which was a little faster). You just can't beat the sound of a V-8. The car receives compliments from both men and women alike. Handling through the canyons of So. Cal. is suberb.

The styling, the power, the sound, and the build quality. My average gas mileage is 22 mpg, which is not bad considering.

Change the location of the cup holders. Dress up the interior.

Dream come true
By Steve Hockenberry

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am so pleased with my new SLK 280. It is such a pleasure to drive especially in the "Sport" mode. It hugs the road and the stability and handling are second to none. The envious looks we get on the road are worth its weight in gold. A real "fun car" and enjoyable driving experience.

I like the ability to set the type of ride I want either Sport or Comfort. The electronic stability control is awesome.

Improvements needed for the blind spots when the hood is up. This is the only drawback I have experienced with this car.

Don't get it.
By Ikarus

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Don't get it if you don't like attention. This car is a looker and you'll get random people approaching you giving you compliments. Unlike others, I like the sound of the stock sound system. What's ridiculous though is that in 2006, it still won't play MP3s. The air-scarf is a must-have option. Get it, or regret it!

Retractable hard-top, air scarf.

For cars with manual transmission, add a sensor to the shifter so the car won't rev the engine to the limit if the gear is disengaged during cruise control! Stock radio must play MP3 in a $45k + car, even the Yaris does it. The steering could be a little more direct for better road feedback.

Love the Look
By kepfish

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for over a year now. I love the look. Rides a little rough though. The top rattles when up, dealership told me that that happens with convertibles. I like the gas mileage, and the trunk is surprisingly accomodating. Standard audio system could be better. My only real complaint would be the noises and creaks that the top makes when up. Like everyone else, the cup holder is in a funky place.

Hard top convertible

Better standard audio system. Relocate that cup holder

SLK 55 AMG
By Jerry

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl 7A)

Overall just an awsome car. Fun to drive anywhere except terrible roads or off road where you would not want to be anyway. Be careful of steep driveways as it is very low. Especially fun on the track. On the track you can really push it and use the power and stability the car has for a great experience. On the freeway I get about 24 mpg and on the track I get about 7.1 mpg. I wish they had the performance option available when I ordered mine in mid 2005. As long as it is not raining, the top is down and you never get cold with the heated seats, heater, and airscarf. I have driven it in sunny 38 degrees top down and just a heavy shirt or light jacket. You will love it.

Brakes are awsome on the track, allowing you to break hard at the last moment with no fade at all after a long straitaway.

Could use just a little more power. 400 hp would be just about right.