Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Love it
By i. fraigun

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love to drive this car. Especially with the top down. However, my husband leaves before I do in the morning so I usually have to drive our other car. This car is a lot of fun to drive. The hardtop convertible is great and very convenient to use. I love the heated seats and neck warmer. The ride can be a little jittery on some roads.

The automatic convertible top. The heated seats. The neck warmer. The seat memory makes it easy to change drivers. No back seat.

Height adjustable seat belt for short people so it doesn't get us in the neck. Work on making ride less jittery.

Dream come true
By Steve Hockenberry

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am so pleased with my new SLK 280. It is such a pleasure to drive especially in the "Sport" mode. It hugs the road and the stability and handling are second to none. The envious looks we get on the road are worth its weight in gold. A real "fun car" and enjoyable driving experience.

I like the ability to set the type of ride I want either Sport or Comfort. The electronic stability control is awesome.

Improvements needed for the blind spots when the hood is up. This is the only drawback I have experienced with this car.

Don't get it.
By Ikarus

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Don't get it if you don't like attention. This car is a looker and you'll get random people approaching you giving you compliments. Unlike others, I like the sound of the stock sound system. What's ridiculous though is that in 2006, it still won't play MP3s. The air-scarf is a must-have option. Get it, or regret it!

Retractable hard-top, air scarf.

For cars with manual transmission, add a sensor to the shifter so the car won't rev the engine to the limit if the gear is disengaged during cruise control! Stock radio must play MP3 in a $45k + car, even the Yaris does it. The steering could be a little more direct for better road feedback.

Love the Look
By kepfish

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for over a year now. I love the look. Rides a little rough though. The top rattles when up, dealership told me that that happens with convertibles. I like the gas mileage, and the trunk is surprisingly accomodating. Standard audio system could be better. My only real complaint would be the noises and creaks that the top makes when up. Like everyone else, the cup holder is in a funky place.

Hard top convertible

Better standard audio system. Relocate that cup holder

Definite winner
By johnb

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK280 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first sporty car I've had since my 1973 911T. Needless to say, that car set a high standard. The SLK exceeded my expectations. Not a "chick car", the MB handles and performs like a real sports car. Plus, it's comfortable for a tall driver (6'5"). Don't know yet about the reliability, but I'm hoping the R171 platform has it designed in. Daimler really got it right with this one!

Convertible top (hard) 6-speed