Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

German roller skate
By Musky

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Cute sports car that handles and rides great but has a painted plastic interior

Good looking car but very expensive to maintain
By Pete Robinson

This car is one of the best looking cars on the road. Performance is good for the V6 models but mine is a 4 cylinder and the performance is only OK. Interior is very nice but the weak points is the electronics that fail frequently. Gas mileage is poor for a small car with a 4 cylinder engine. Recommend the car for sunny day short drives but take the big car on trips.

I love my SLK
By JMills

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a review of a 6 year old SLK320 might be helpful to people. All of the '98 to '02 SLK's had an issue with paint peeling on the center console. Other than that my SLK looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I have never seen a car that has aged this well, bar none. Outside paint still lives up to its name 'Brilliant Silver'. Everything about the car is tight and solid. My last car was a Corvette so I am not new to performance cars and this one is a winner. No, it doesnt have the off the line grunt of a Corvette. It is more along the lines of european sports cars, in other words spectacular handling, very good road manners and comfort levels and exciting top end speed.

Retractable hardtop, and the looks my car gets everywhere.

Single CD player inside

MB SLK great Car
By Bobby

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Hard top but still a drop top!

Beautiful Lines
By Linda

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third MB and the nicest looking by far. I bought it basically for the ease of the retractable hardtop. The trunk is small, but adequate for trips to the grocery store. I would rather have a single disc CD player than the optional 6 disc in the trunk. Pickup is not as responsive as the 230SLK supercharged which I previously owned. I like the interior features better on the 320 though, with the wood grain treatments. Definitely not a family car, just a fun short trip vehicle. Gets about 18 miles per gallon with city driving and 29 miles per gallon exclusively highway. Great car for me, but I only do about 5K a year.

Hard top retractable.

Offer the 320 with the supercharger like the 230. It would be more fun to drive.