Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

S55 AMG
By Ron Kidd

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

A world class automobile. A thrill to drive. It handles on par with most high performance sports cars but with the legendary S class comfort. Truely a shame that there is no place I can really open her up! I do wish that the final drive was a little taller for enhanced fuel economy!

Performance, sound, comfort

Needs a higher final drive

Serious Speed in a Sedan
By D Coz

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is a first class car. It is quick off the line and even quicker when you accelerate from 70 up. The transition of power is real smooth and with the sport package wheels it's flashy with a minimum of chrome. I love the car and all my friends envy me now. Best car I've ever had. Buy one if you can afford it. It's slick!

Supercharger has a real smooth balance to it. The seats are comfortable and since I am 6'5" it's a car that I can fit in without being cramped.

Needs more cup holders and storage places. There is storage under the seat but it's minimum at best. If you don't get the phone you will have a little more room.

Safety, Comfort, Style and Value
By Dr. Mike

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 7A)

I have bought two of these cars in the last few months. The first was for my wife. She loved it so much, she would not let me near it. I had to get one for myself. It is quiet and solid. Definite first class ride and feel, and a great value in comparison. You can easily negotiate 15 to 20% off MSRP, making it a great buy for something you will love to drive for many years to come. I do love the gadgets. Voice activated system, great navigation, satellite radio, phone, and all the extra stuff I still need to learn about. My only criticism is MB did away with the included maintenance and some of the cloth interior, i.e. visor, etc look a little chintzy on this flagship model. A great car!

Size, style, value, comfort, and safety. A first class ride and feel. I like all the extra gizmo's and gadgets.

Should bring back courtesy scheduled maintenance like BMW and Volvo. Some interior decor a little chintzy for such a class car.

Mercedes Got It Right!
By Kevin

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This auto is a dream to drive! But, even sitting still it looks the part. Ours has the standard rims which have been triple plated. That really sets off the Pewter color. We don't have all the bells and whistle's I'd like but that just means I get to buy another at some point in the future. My wife has severe back and leg pain and this is the ONLY vehicle in which she adjust the seat to the point she is comfortable and depend on the vehicle to be smooth enough to keep her that way. We love it!

Adjustable seating

None

My S500
By Vince Le

2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is by far the best built and best luxury car I have ever owned. I have just about driven and owned almost every car under $100,000 for the past 6 years. This car is by far the most reliable and the best car I have ever own.

The ride is so quiet and smooth

Bigger rims and wheels