Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Pleasantly Surprised
By John

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After researching, the MB ML500 was the only SUV that appealed to me-used for utilitarian purposes as fast cars are my preference. I am surprised at how well the MB drives. It accelerates nicely & handles turns better than most SUVs I’ve driven. It’s extremely quiet & has great curb appeal. I love that it’s predictable & that the ride is true MB. I avg 20+mpg highway and 15+mpg city. I like the console & control center a lot (as for the clock in the center for the passenger-they can buy a watch or drive) & seating is comfortable on long trips. My friends have the Lexus & Infiniti & other than outright speed-FX is much faster-RX not so much-my M Class wins in every category-especially style!

Styling, interior and exterior. Power lift-gate-which goes all the way up, power seats, climate control system, seat & back warmers, HK sound system, xenon lights, sound dampening, MP3 connection, rear-view camera, and power folding mirrors, etc. I like the 19” tires over the 17”…much more stable.

Navigation system…maybe if enough of us say it MB will do something about it. It’s very slow and cumbersome. They need to study Tom Tom! Retractable running boards so you have the option not to use them. It’s low enough to step over them when getting out, but you could get dirt on your pants.

You're Not Going To Believe This!
By Cynthia A.

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let me begin by saying, I am trying to love my ML350. I have had it for 1 1/2 yrs. now. The ride is smooth and without the major and minor hiccups I'm about to explain, I really try to love it. Let's begin: there is a plastic rattle sound that I hear every single day while driving at low speeds on normally worn roads.(can't hear it on the highway or interstate) My dealership had it for four days and can't seem to fix it. Next, one day while opening my back hatch a large bolt just fell out of the hatch. Of course, there is the trailer hitch recall. Best of all my driver's side heated seat burned a hole in my seat and nearly caught on fire. Daughter was sitting in seat warming up between soccer games.

Back up camera, sound system, cargo space

Nav system needs updating, more standard equipment. Everything seems to be an upgrade

First Mercedes Exceeds Expectations
By wofatbill

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Ordered this vehicle in January and did not get delivery until May. This is the only thing that disappointed about Mercedes. After almost 6 months and just over 10000 miles, I have found very few shortcomings and many pleasant surprises. The most pleasant has be fuel efficiency. Overall combined mileage is right at 27 MPG. Trips up and down the east coast this summer registered almost 30 MPG, both better than the ratings on the sticker. Solid construction, quiet operation, real luxury feel, terrific acceleration and very comfortable seats among the most pleasing characteristics. Only disappointment so far is iPod integration bug which MB has promised to fix. Highly recommended.

Adjustable contour seats. High torque. Fuel efficiency. Navigation system. Luxury feel. Quality build.

Better iPod integration.

Sweet
By hoonsgal

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just purchased the ML350 after seriously considering the Lexus RX400h and the Acura MDX. I really fell in love with the ML350's appearance and the smooth and relatively powerful ride. The interior is very comfortable and spacious and this car is a joy to ride. I will say that if navigation is a big priority to you, the Acura is much better. The system is clumsy and you can't even find a Starbucks on it! But, it is functional.

iPod integration, power liftgate, drive, overall comfort, gorgeous looks

Navigation! Radio should have info. on what songs/artists are playing, more reliable voice activation

Great Handling SUV, Some Big Nits
By Barry

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My 2007 ML 500 is the best handling and riding SUV I have been in. Really enjoyable to drive, corners extremely well. Seats are really comfortable. Cargo space is pretty roomy. Biggest complaint is delay in acceletration: Car "jumps" after 1 sec or so delay when stepping on the gas. Gas mileage is terrible. Also the automatic tailgate only goes about 3/4 of the way up, and so if you don't remember to push it the rest of the way up with your hand, you will bang your head on it if you are more than about 5' 10"(which I have done about 100 times). Final complaint is navigation is very hard and slow to program, especially if you are in a hurry.

Comfort, ride, handling, cargo space

Transmission/acceleration, gas mileage, auto-tailgate, Navigation