Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

LOOKS CAN BE VERY DECEIVING....
By Bonnie Pullara

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Run away folks and never buy an ML350. I assumed since it was German engineered, it would be perfect like the BMW which I've owned several BMWs sonce the 90s. I chose the ML350 over the X5 based on being of a more luxurious look. I didn't expect the quality to be that of a $10,000 new vehicle. It was just that, a piece of junk. From the balance shaft issues to the power steering issues to the transmission issues, it never stops. Repairs in the thousands! Saddest part is Mercedes knew about their defective issues and don't stand behind their known defects leaving the customers in a bad way. Shame on Mercedes! I will never buy a Mercedes-Benz again and will stick with BMW always. My Mercedes-Benz SUV piece of junk everyday vehicle is now garaged and I'm forced to drive my weekend BMW M6 as my everyday vehicle until I figure out what to do to get rid of it without taking a huge financial loss but still maintaining my honesty conveying the good, the bad and the ugly which is how I live my life. Mercedes don't care about reputation nor repeat business from loyal customers; they just care about money....

Great Car
By robliski

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I've had this car for 5.5 years now. It's been great to us and has never left us stranded. This is a car that needs an owner that timely addresses all preventive maintenance items before they become repair items, because then it gets expensive.

The all wheel drive system is great and it is like a tank in rain and snow. Solid! Good power. Very comfy ride. Plenty of room.

Roomy, comfortable, and solid.

Navigation is not user friendly.

Not a bad car
By zekester1

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought this car new, and have no problems other than replacing brake lights and the fuel filter ($3000+). I've 118000+ miles and have no serious complaints other than shoddy switchgear (sunroof switch is broken). Roomy, decent gas milage (23mpg+) and fully-featured, this I believe is my perfect car. However, the 8-quart oil requirement makes for expensive oil changes when using synthetic ($100+).

Rear seats fold flat, rain-sensing wipers and a very large window-washing reservoir. The hill decent control works well, and comes in handy when dealing with traffic-laden winter trips to Reno. I'm 6' 5" and people can still sit behind me while I'm completely comfortable. Holds a lot in the back even with the seats up. Stereo is perfect.

It seems to me that there's room for a full-sized spare, so why not do that. Move the AUX audio out of the glovebox to a place that makes sense. Make the hood release a bit easier to find. Ditch the joystick controller for the COMAND system.

Unreliable overrated verhicle
By candiangold

- Balance Shaft replaced
- 8 sensors replaced in 8 month span
- 2 Ignition coils replaced
- MAF sensor replaced
- ECU Connector replaced
- Headlight wiring insulation cracked (and shortcut)
- The wheel wells are covered in some kind of fabric(?) which will come loose
- Rear bulbs keep burning out
- Subwoofer blown
- Rear windshield wiper does not complete cycle
- Interior vents adjusters falling apart (glued?)
- Ratting in left front door
- Rear hatch rattling
- Lots of rattling when interior is cold
- Seat Belt lock stops working
- Rear ashtray fell apart
- Idling erratic

I traded it in for an Acura MDX, what a breeze, no rattles, smooth ride, and all options standard

this suv drives nice on winding roads between 80 and 120 km/h

- Too many to list - Most overrated and overpriced vehicle brand out there, if you only care to have the star on your hood go ahead! This car does not come close to a E-Class, it is not Mercedes, it is slammed together in the US with US supplied (subpar) parts.

Maybe Luck of the Draw
By f22dara

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Some people may have bought a "monday or friday" car, meaning the days nobody wants to work, a few mishaps made down the assembly line( yes you can research and find out what day our car was born on FYI) However, I'm surprised at all the bad reviews. This is my second mercedes but first ML truck. I love it truely & thanking God i have not experienced the nightmares of others. I get so many compliments.I will admit the wiring harness had to be fixed by dealer( free of charge) but other than that the car is perfect total class.. Mercedes is worth the money and yes expensive to maintain but hey... you gotta Pay to Play right..