Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Great SUV
By Dave

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Had the vehicle now for 5 months and its everything we expected. The sporty package makes the difference for us. The vehicle hugs the road especially on turns. I have recommended this vehicle to everyone. I have read all the previous problems with the transmission, but I got the vehicle anyways and to this day, not one problem.

Quiet interior, good gas mileage. Hugs the road. Sound system and looks of the vehicle.

Larger side mirrors.

Best Luxury SUV
By buiatl

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since date of purchase, best car I have ever owned. Truly the best luxury SUV in it's class.

Exterior design is sleek and stylish.

More cargo room.

Got to love it
By Autofan

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

14,000 miles and we still love it. It is a very quiet, extremly comfortable ride. It is almost sporty, and the the fuel economy averages 20 MPG mixed driving. When on the highway you can experience over 24 MPG. I like the 7 speed transmission with the shift knobs at the steering wheel, and overtaking is incredibly easy thanks to the V6 which never seems to run out of breath. It is very safe with a lot of standard safty features (Vehicle stability control, brake assist and more) and it is roomier than its outside will tell you. It drives and behaves like a much smaller car with all the advantages of a 4x4 SUV. I buy it again in a heartbeat. Great car.

Very quiet on all surfaces, great handling on all roads. Agile V6 with enough power in all situations. Very comfortable seats, even in the rear. Rear climate control features. i-pod connection. Great looks. 1st Service after 14,000 miles no problems at all. Xenon head lamps with active bending lights

Sirius is only optional. No cargo area cover (standard on 2007 MY only)

It's Awesome
By John

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The tyranny of choice out there with luxury SUV's. I did my homework - test drove a lot - researched too many - whittled it down to two. I think this car is the real deal. Fun to drive, great looking, performs magnificintly. I'm incredibly happy three months later. This SUV is awesome!

Love my ride!
By LexingtonLawyer

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice vehicle. Highly desirable, fun to drive, and way smooth looks. Have gotten many compliments and requests to "take a peek" inside. This is my second Benz and I'm keeping this one for the long haul. Stable and solid ride. Good acceleration. Feel very safe whether I'm in agressive, heavy traffic or bad weather.

Comfy seats on long trips. Great climate control system. Keyless entry w/touch start (and you cannot lock yourself out). Like the Nav system despite its shortcomings. 4WD, ABS and many well thought out safety features were primary considerations for this purchase.

Please, give us an updated, user friendly Nav. system. Look to the Japanese if you can't figure it out. The ML's system is way too fussy and lacks basic common-sense features. Transmission can be jerky and shouldn't be in a vehicle of this caliber. What's up with the occaisonal squishy brakes?