Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Gets better with age
By Happy ML

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Initial experience during the first 4 years of ownership was mixed, in and out of the dealership for various warranty repairs this was offset by the MB loan cars and MB USA extending my warranty for another 4 years. So far, the truck has been trouble free for the last three years. I recommend using ceramic brake pads, it last twice as long. I will likely keep this truck until for a few more years.

Great DIY truck. Location of oil filter, ease of brake pad replacement.

Fuel economy

Multifunctional
By Pim Boekestyn

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought new in 2002. I use my ML55 for towing, luxury driving, shopping, delivery, anything you can think off and have so far driven 175000 km trouble free. At times I drive it hard and I just love it, It definitely is a keeper. Engine is like a sewing machine. never a wrong beat.

Piece of Junk
By disappointedguy

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it from my sister with very low mileage and extremely well maintained. Now I refer to this poorly built SUV as a "Piece of Junk!" It is plauged with problems. I have had interior parts falling off and breaking, sun roof deflectors broke and looking at the cheap plastic used in the build really disappointed me. Then the brake fluid drum breaks. Makes funny noises when driving and recently jerks badly when stopping at a light. Now a paint sealant or something seems to be peeling off at the back and dealer wants $500 a pop since I have run out of warranty! If anybody is intrested in filing a law suit, please count me in!

None.

Heard the new models are better but not sure how true that is!

Awesome Dream Truck!
By 1cna1

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy owning this truck. After all of the reaserch I have done on it, I finally found the one that suited my needs.

I love the 3rd row seats, heated w/ memory front seats, the sunroof, and express open feature on all the windows.

The Navigation should have been standard. The screen looks ridiculously unnecessary when the navigation feature is not installed.

The little truck that could!
By MBOwner

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this for normal everyday driving. Found it to be reliable and capable. Great engine and transmission. The box on frame design is a bit too rough, but the feel of durability is amazing. It has more umph than my old GMC. The tire wear was on the high side as was the brake wear. Stopping a 5000 truck takes a lot of brake lining. Excellent visability, nice looking, easy to maintain. Avg about 20mpg. Clean and efficient. Handles people, things and long drives like a pro.

OK, the engine is amazing. More HP than necessary. Great power and torque. Easy to start and goes like crazy through deep snow. Bose radio is wonderful. Comfortable seats.

Smoother ride, adjustable steering wheel telescoping would help a lot. Better overall service. Electronics were week.