Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

The best M-class ML430
By skye

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

First off I live in East Hampton Long island N.Y. where the M-class is rarely seen.But in N.Y.C.(Brooklyn) they are all over the place (ML320'350's and 500's)but not ML430s they stand out they look a little more unique because of their bigger rims and smaller body. I love this SUV it is so great it has a powerful V8.Check it out!

Sky view top( a large large sunroof) navigation system,6 cd-changer, heated seats,power folding mirrors, 3rd row seat, safe under seats, switch blade key, cargo net, cargo cover, low range, key hole covers, and all season floor mats

Make the cd-changer in the front instead of the cargo area,and make the navigation cd cover more ground

Nice to drive, expensive to maintain
By scott hollander

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Nice car to drive. It handles well. All in all I really like the vehicle. Unfortunetly Mercedes doesnt make a reliable car. In the five years that I owned it these are some of the problems that I had or at least the ones that I can remember. Windows wouldn't go up, replaced button pad twice. Brakes went after 40,000. Requires ceramic pads very expensive. Key wouldn't turn in steering wheel lock. Catalytic converter had a cracked tube and sounded like a boat until I got it fixed. Front headlight had to be replaced after 15,000. Rear light holder on inside rear door had to be adjusted. Wires under passenger seat rattled. Some part on the air intake need replacing $ 500. Now the gas gauge isnt working .Great!

Mercedes needs to realize that their cars are poorly made. Have some recalls and come down in price

ML 430
By JP Dworsky

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I am very impressed with the overall comfort and performance of my ML. The car is roomy, fast, firm, and well designed.

Seats!

I know they have added stereo controls to the car which is one big improvement. The GPS works moderately well, but does not have all addresses listed.The car definitely needs a bigger gas tank!

A great all around vehicle
By R Waterhouse

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I had heard a lot of negative things about the reliability of these cars before I bought one, but my desire overcame caution. I have not regretted that decision for one moment. Recently my lease was up (4 years) so I did the usual and test drove all the competing vehicles. Each time I got back into my ML I thought, well this is a nicer car. This went on for months and in the end I bought the ML out of the lease and I still love it. It is a well mannered, well built, nicely designed vehicle that will fit into a small parking space, yet hold a large amount of goods. I recently remodelled my home and used it as a truck, hauling lumber etc. then went to the car wash and came out with a luxury car.

I just love it's looks, particularly with the larger wheels. It is classy yet not flashy. The interior has a high quality finish and is well designed. The handling is very solid and the engine very responsive. It handles well off road and in the snow.

I would love to have an extra 6 inches behind the rear seat for storage space. This would make the car perfect without being too big. Also I would prefer an in dash CD changer.

WE LOVE IT!
By Rudys!

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

An absolute great car! We've had a few problems with the steering mechanism, plastic on driver side seat cracked at 40,000 miles, and a lot of flat tires. We've never used the spare tire, because we don't know how to release it from it's holder... Other then those mishaps, WE LOVE IT!

Beautiful BOSE sound system! WE ALL- AROUND LOVE IT!

Gas prices are so high (as of 5/7/05)! Mercedes-Benz should think about hybrid cars, or better have better fuel economy.