Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Solid Performance form my ML430
By RM

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my ML430 in 04 with 22K miles and some remaining factory warranty. I have had some minor issues but for the most part it has been rock solid. It has used 3 sets of brake pads and a set of rotors over 90K miles. I did have a leak from the power steering pump that required service. The only issue now is that the interior is beginning to show its age. I use this car to tow a race car trailer long distances, it could use a but more power. The Nav system is very dated now but still works OK but there are no data updates anymore. Back seat fold-down system is just plain dumb. Like everybody the glue from the door insulation melts onto the windows on hot days. I still love this car!

NAV with Bose Audio heated seats engine

rear cargo space better brakes

I hate this car!
By sillygirl

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car with 34000 miles on it. It was great the first two years. Minor things going wrong only. After that many little things went and each part was very expensive. Check engine light was on almost always usually sensors but all the time it drove me crazy. The SUV was very comfy and had all the bells and whistles but not worth the hassle of needing to be fixed all the time. I am getting rid of it tomorrow and it will not be missed.We have a leak in the front that no one can figure out where it comes from too.

Loved the heated seats, navigation system built in, very roomy (we had two kids in it all the time) Large cargo area in the back. Nice to ride in and the appearance of the vehicle was good. Has a little thing that told me how much gas per mile. Moon roof

I am no mechanic so i have no idea what needs to be improved I just now it seemed like a lot of hassle for a car. And very expensive repair bills

Love it!
By joes

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K on it. Now has over 100K and is as solid and smooth as ever. Minimal problems were covered by warranty. Gas mileage better than expected (16mpg in town/20mpg on road). Great vehicle. I am looking for another one with the diesel engine.

Power, navigation system, comfort, safety.

CD player in front.

ML430
By joe

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Bought as a certified vehicle with 25K miles. Now has almost 100K and has been a pleasure. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Still as solid and smooth as the day I bought it.

Navigation, power, comfort, AWD

None!

Not my Favorite
By Candi

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've always owned BMW's, this is my first Mercedes Benz. I must say I prefer BMW over Benz. I like the drive but the seats are not comfortable they don't recline very well. I am starting to have multiples of problems from simple things as the window switch needs replacing to the radiator and now the brake control unit which is expensive. I'm trying to now sell this car but I'm afraid someone will be disappointed when they have to maintain it. But it's cute!

I love the body style and the convenience of a truck. When you let the rear seats down it gives you plenty of room. I've moved my house in this SUV. People don't believe me!

Benz should move the cup holders from the window because I had many liquids fall on me. They need to improve the fuel mileage. It is awful on gas. I don't drive this car because of that alone.