Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

GAS guzzler
By oliver

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've had the car half a year and what I have to say that it's a gas guzzler will never buy another Mercedes again, interior and exterior don't have the greatest design, mostly bought because of the name, but I got tricked on this one.

visibility out of the car and drivers space.

do something about the fuel economy thats outrages for a six cylinder!!!!!

Save Your Money
By Garfield

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the ML 320 because of the name. However I donated the car today because you look pretty stupid sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck to flatbed your SUV away. I had the car regularly serviced whenever the wrenches appear on the dash. App cost each time $400 - $800. Service was great until mileage got to around 80K. They tried to get me to buy a new car and when I balked problems began. I won't outline but I spent more than $6000 in repairs during the last 6 months trying to save the car and avoid a new car payment. Save yourself the hassle and buy a Toyota. I donated my ML 320 to charity so at least something good came out of it.

Believe it or not with all of its problems it is fun to drive. Drives like a real truck but looks like a SUV.

Everything Mechanical and Electrical!!!

Mercedes Should Be Ashamed..............
By glacierdon

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

It's apparent that the 2000 ML 430 is a lemon. I have gone on various sites and people from all over are having the same exact problems. The windows won't roll down, the doors won't lock, the brakes always need replacing, the exterior lights are always blowing, the power steering went out, the sun roof gets stuck, the interior is coming apart, and now when I stop at lights it cuts off and won't start for about 30 to 40 minutes. this happens at least once a week. From my understanding these vehicles were built in the U.S. If I wanted an American car I would have bought a Ford. Mercedes should do a recall on these vehicles. The repairs needed on the vehicle are more than it's worth. Seriously!

The exterior is very nice.

German vehicles should be built in Europe only!Save face and do a recall on this vehicle. Extend the warranty.

ML320 new engine mounts
By yorgo8

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

The car is fun driving; safe and sturdy, even on slippery roads. The dealership offers excellent support. But the car's reliability is poor. Even under warranty it required many repairs. And lots more thereafter. Excessive costs to maintain vehicle make it unattractive. Support from MBUSA not great either.

Sun roof, safety construction of body. Seats; sound system

Use better parts that last. We've had three catalytic converters and other exhaust system repairs, all expensive.

Can Built a Better Car
By NOMORE

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Never will buy another Mercedes Benz, now I have a Volvo (a much better car. Benz should built a better car for this kind of price I have it seating in my driveway because the latest is the the horn flat ribbon cable inside the steering wheel assembly it broke & came off (my horn doesn't work anymore), never heard this from any other car before shame on Mercedes-Benz-forget about the steering power pump I've paid twice to have it fix beside the recall- interior clothe by the windshield id coming off (both sides). No more Mercedes-Benz for me.

Smooth engine & strong acceleration - Very good Road Handling - Smooth braking

Just built a better car for the money.