Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Fantastic Vehicle
By Gavin E.

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Still looks great! Still feel's great! Still fun to drive! Owner is Master Mechanic but not needed, other than Transmission Replacement, but not to mention everyone else who has an ML has the same problem. 265,000 and still running strong, and still putting up a good fight. Hope I have many more miles to come. Beautiful design! Never regretted the purchase. Highly recommended. But! I'm sure that you will not buy an 11 year old truck!

Power, Interior, Stock sound system, Size

Transmission Reliability

Great Car!
By GavinJuly3

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I love this car, had it since 2000 almost have 270,000 miles on it. But of course you're gonna buy a new one but if you already have one and are going to sell it then don't drive it until the wheels fall off!

Everything!

Still a Tank; interior falling apart
By mags3333

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Our ML320 is a tank. It's been serviced well & have had no reliability issues. But, the electrical problems. These repairs cost **$$$$** so we have lived with them. Odometer light went out, radio has to be manually turned off/on, gas mileage tracker quit working. Once, when it was parked out in the rain, it freaked out & the interior lights and whistles went off and flashed until we turned the car off. We park it in the garage now. A life saver in the snow - the four wheel drive was awesome (live in FL now - it's awesome on soft beach sand). We need a third row, though. The children are going to kill or maim each other soon in that back seat. We are trading it in soon.

Four wheel drive, sun roof (although a part just broke off recently), automatic adjusting seats, leather & heated seats. I like the stereo sound, although our CD changer quit working. Again, a lesser degree of importance in the grand scheme of things.

Electrical panel. Doesn't get great mileage, but it is an SUV and we don't expect it to. Cup holders are from the devil. I'm certain they have improved these in newer models.

I'd buy another
By don831

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I love this truck. I have put 100,000 miles on over the last 5 years with minimal maintenance. Typically get 21-23 mpg hwy/ 15-16 in town. Not bad for a 6,000lb truck. Down side is brakes! Mercedes recommends changing pads and rotors, very pricey and they wear very fast. I would buy another in a heartbeat, but this one may not wear out.

Heated seats!

Better cup holders. On this model, nav system was an option. Wish it came standard.

A sad attempt. Never purchase a MB.
By Edwin

1999 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

I have had so many problems with My 1999 ML430 (98K miles), I want to cry. Its been a very, very, troublesome vehicle from the day I bought it. My current stable is made up a BMW 3 series and Volvo S80 (as well as the ML430). The Mercedes has easily had twice (if not thrice) the amount of issues of both my other vehicles combined. Not to mention one of the poorest after sales service dealers I have ever encountered with a cost of ownership that is stifling.

Everything