Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Constructive Criticism
By JohnP in Boston

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car and it's really a dream to own and drive. I had a problem with the power tailgate not working. The NAV system is a bit primitive and prone to error. This is still the best car that I have had the privilege to own and I highly recommend it.

The transmission is very underrated and the ergonomics are excellent. My kids love the COMAND sysstem.

The NAV user interface could be easier to use and less prone to error. The DVD system should have larger screens and wireless headphones.

The best vehicle I have ever owned
By Prudence Dera

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is the best vehicle I have driven. It is a smooth ride. I have a big family and there is enought room for all my four children. The interior is very stylish, I especially like the white stitching on the black leather interior. It is very comfortable.

Excellent SUV
By wmriii

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great SUV. My family has had a Suburban for the past 14 years and it was time to downsize a bit. GL drives like a car, is extremely comfortable and has about every extra that we need. There are a few minor changes I would like to see. First, the windshield is at an angle which reflects the dash. Very distracting and third row seat dificult to get in. Should have automatic second ro fold up. Other than those minor issues and one major problem with parktronic (below) which was eventually fixed, this is one of the best cars we have owned and we hve owned most of them.

Third row seats (pop up/down) pick up and performance. comfort. Convenience.

Parktronic completely failed on our GL and dealer could not fix (5 visits). While not critical to the drivability of the car, it was iritating and took too long to fix (even if a new car).

Fluid and fun
By My first Mercedes

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Quality, size, fast, and fun, the list could go on. I wanted a large SUV and ended up comparing Navigator, Escalade and the GL. In my opinion, there is no contest.

V8 engine, Bluetooth, auto leveling, and handling.

Backing up is a challenge, Parktronic helps, but a standard back up camera is a must.

Superb SUV!
By mblover

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just returned back from vacation and driven a total of 4000 miles. Got about 20 miles/gal. Excellent drive and ride comfort. Love the Off-Road package and P1 and lighting package. All my cars are Benz, but thought about buying Lexus LX470 but ended up buying the lovely GL450.

Off-Road package with damping system. Rearview camera. P1 package, multi-contour seats, iPod, engine power, curise control, phone.

MB has the best navigation and rearview camera system in the new S Class and they should be using it all their models.