Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Finally got the car we have ALWAYS wanted......
By milehighatlanta

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our first Mercedes was a 2008 R350 which we really like. It has lots more room on the inside than it looks and is really comfortable on long trips. Our second Mercedes was a 2012 C250. I opted for this because there was about a $35,000 difference in it and the E350 Cabriolet that we actually wanted. Well now that the prices on the 2012 E350 Cabriolets have depreciated we made the jump and obtained our third Mercedes. AND WE LOVE IT.... It is a GREAT car. It is EVERYTHING we hoped it would be and more. We are looking forward to enjoying this car for years to come......
UPDATE--- it is now March 29, 2016---- Summer 2016 is going to be GREAT with the E Cabriolet.... In the process of searching for a GL450 to replace our aging 2008 R350.

Like a Boss
By Brent

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car oozes style. Nice trim, sleek interior...it's definitely a head turner. I love the fact that I can cruise at 85 and it feels like 65. Also, it has some power when you need it. Handling is nice and smooth and can turn on a dime. Sunroof adds a little sporty look to the classy feel.

*update*
Just a few cons
- The rear view doesn't auto adjust when memory is set.
- Temperature control via voice command. I had a 2007 Lexus IS350 and I could lower and raise the temperature settings via voice control. Not sure why this wasn't added.

Never thought I'd leave Lexus......
By LaMario Crawford

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Boy was I wrong. I had a 2010 Lexus GS 350 before trading it in for a 2012 BlueTEC. I still love Lexus and think the luxury features compared to German cars are unmatchable but I was taken aback by the Mercedes. This car handles much better than my old GS and took me by storm with the Panoramic roof, design, and other little features. The only negative is that the Lexus navigation, phone, radio, and voice command were easier to use makes the E Class look a little late on stepping their game up. But in all, I'm completely happy with the E-Class and it still turn more heads when I drive down the street :)

This Car still Rocks!
By ftmbowner

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

It does not get any better than this car. It turns heads, it rides like a dream and handles like it is on rails. It is a great fun car. All the fears about the cost of maintenance that scared me away from MB for years have been put to rest wth being able to purchase maintenance packages. HWY MPG is between 28-32 depending on how far you put your foot in it or how much traffic is on the road. City MPG is 23-25 which is the same as my Honda Accord.

They just keep making them better
By poppy42

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System.
The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency.
The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement.
Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected.
On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg.
I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008.
This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

I have now owned this car for 3 years and logged 32,000 miles. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. Normally after 3 years I would be looking for another car, but no matter what I drive, it just doesn't measure up to this car. I have maintained it "by the book", and the only surprise I have had is that I had to replace the motor mounts at 50,000 miles and this was covered by my CPO warranty. My favorite "creature features" are Keyless-Go and Bluetooth phone and audio. On my morning commute, I have to merge into heavy high speed traffic. This car has plenty of smooth power. I should change the title of this review to THE BEST.