Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Latest Generation E - nearly flawless
By RedVestEd

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having owned several Mercedes, including two prior Es, I find this latest generation to be a winner. I'm barely 800 miles into this car and I couldn't be happier with the experience. All the expected MB touches like fit and finish are superior. Paint is flawless. The ride is appropriately comfortable without being soft. The ergonomics of the cockpit are the best I've driven lately.

I find the Command interface to be superior. The navigation system is the best I've seen and easily beats the version in my Audi Q7. The shifter on the steering column took some getting used to, however glad to have if off the center console.

Speedometer: utterly unreadable in daylight driving. The 3/4" needle is white on a grey background. I find I need to keep the center TFT screen on mph to know my speed at a glance.

I am smitten!
By Bob Dixon

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am smitten! Having owned the Mercedes 350 coupe for just one day now my thoughts run to how much a pleasure it is to drive. The supple ride, the wonderful handling, and quiet power, all lead me to praise this car way beyond anything I have ever owned. My concern about leaving my Solara behind have melted into the expectations of getting the car out on the open road and enjoying the touring experience. I am constantly surprised at the little driver friendly touches I find as I move along. Does this car actually make you younger or just feel younger?

Wonderful ride, responsive steering, engine power

none as yet.

Update On My January Review
By Michael

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After driving my new E350 Sport Sedan for 5 months, I still aver that this is the best E Class Mercedes Benz they have ever manufactured. The voice activation system is truly remarkable. You must take the time to read through the owners manual to really appreciate how many functions are controllable through the voice mode. Navigation system is phenomenal - enhance traffic info from Sirius Radio is right on the money. Ride and handling superior to any previous E class model. The vehicle seems to ride more "heavily" even though the weight is about the same as the 2009. I have not had the car back to the dealer for "anything". No needed adjustments or fixes. GREAT VEHICLE!

Harmon/Karman 660 watt surround sound audio system is the best I've ever listened to in an automobile. Navigation is superior. Voice Activation of audio/telephone/Nav is terrific. Seats very comfortable. Visibility is best in its class.

Again, they should make leather standard, even though the vinyl that is standard doesn't crease and easier to remove dirt and grime. No other suggestions.

Ticky Tack II
By BillyG

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Follow-up to initial review. Since then have been on a long trip & averages 26+ mpg @ Interstate speed+. However, latch that opens center console simply fell off - part is on back order; a problem (?). This is in addition to garage door opener buttons receded into mirror and windshield wipers being installed backwards. Also, there is a recall for loose bolts on underbody pan that reduces road noise. I wonder if BMW is having issues.

Emerald Jade Green color is awesome

Pay attention to details

Do not buy this car!
By LED FOG LAMP LOVER

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car in July 2009. Got 6k miles on it. Went in for service and the dealer did a software update. Now the beautiful led fog lamps don't work at night. Dealer (s) nor Mercedes Benz does not have a fix for this problem! One of the major reasons I bought this car is for those great looking led fog lamps. Car looks ugly without them. I wish Mercedes would refund me some $$$. Or fix the problem faster! Or replace the hardware and stop blaming the software!

LED fog lamps. When they were working properly!

Fix my LED fog lamps so the car looks good again!