Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

1st year in the shop over 2 months
By sk25

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had a BMW, Lexus and really liked the 2010 E350...so I purchased a CPO one.
And that is where the nightmare began.
The navigation system randomly freezes, the stereo system/phone system is on but no sound.
MB says its the software...hmmm but cannot be the hw according them them.
The rear bumper was literally not fitting in properly...they said that happens??
WOW ok.
The rear passenger door was not aligned with the car...they said that happens with time!
The window would open on its own...they replaced the window, and said...its fixed...but it was not, they finally changed the motor and now its fixed. Worst experience I can imagine!
Perhaps a Yugo would be better!?!

That it works in order for a month at a time, but then something else goes wrong.

Lets not have the bumper fall out of alignment with the body of the vehicle! Ensure the windows dont open on their own. Fix the hardware and stop saying its a sw issue. Improve your customer service. When I called M-Benz of North America...they line is that what the warranty is for. So you sold me a warranty on a nightmare of a car. I will go back to Lexus. After 1 year this car has been to the dealer no less than 6 times, and is currently there...week 4 now (they called to say it was ready) but when I came to pick it up the issues were not corrected. Called M-Benz customer retention manager on Tues...still no response. Its been a horrible experience!

Exetremely Disappointing
By allysonp1

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

The front brakes had to be replaced at 24K miles.
At 40K miles the back brakes had to be replaced.
Prior to this, I drove a Lexus for 60K miles before the brakes needed to be replaced.
We will be going back to Lexus and I hope I never live long enough that I am forced to purchase another Mercedes-Benz.
Dealers have only been marginally helpful and say this is reasonable wear - might be but isn't for a Lexus.

the worst car i have owned
By hal6

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

To the point; I am a professional driver-driving instructor. Have owned too many cars to count-mostly high performance; Porsches, Bmw's, Audis.
Bought this vehicle for size to transport my baby gandchildren. In 16k miles had to have the front brakes/rotors replaced 3 times.
Sticking throttle never repaired. Very unsafe. Numerous electonics failures-over 20 times in the shop. Unable to repair the vehicle properly, including the sticking throttle. When I requested a trade assist for another model, M-B corp. refused-advised "thats whet the warranty is for". Obviously will never own another M-B

Interior room & looks

A change in corporate attidude. when ANY product is under waarranty, either repair it or replace it!!

Very Happy to be BACK to MB
By tiger48

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After a long jouney through autoland, I'm finally back to MB.
And very pleased with the E350 4Matic.
I've driven the car for one year without any issues at all.
The car operates in the snow like a Jeep and the Paddle shifters allow you to down shift in bad conditions.
The car is fast enough for today's conjested road conditions with power to pass (and besides if I want speed I'll drive my Corvette).

The command control system was much easier to master than I expected. The sound system is a pleasure with an infinant variety. From an interior room standpoint I think you get the S size for the E price. Everyone that sits in the car tells me, they don't want to go back to their car.

The windshield wipers seem to have a mind of their own (??) , a more typical American car setting would be better. And, put the gas tank filler on the drivers side.

Fun to Drive
By h.correa

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car to drive on trips or around town. Handling is great especially on curvy roads. Good to great fuel economy as the trip computer reads 26mph on highway. Engine has plenty of horses(V6).Every option on mine except leather. Seats are synthetic leather but are great looking and easy to clean.17k on odometer and inside looks like day I bought it.

Powerful engine with great fuel economy. Paddle shifter are nice for mountain driving.Look of the car is super sporty. Harmon kardon sound system is awesome.

make car a little bit bigger inside and out.