Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

320 Bluetec
By New diesel rocks

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Bought an '08 Bluetec with 15,500 miles in March 2010. Excellent vehicle. Smooth, quiet, excellent mileage, plenty of power. Very smooth shifting vehicle. This is my 3rd Mercedes, by far the best (previous was an '83 300td (junk), e300 (pretty good). I have owed Lexus (IS300) and 5 series BMW and like this better. Many other vehicles along the way and this is the best. Package 2 with keyless go, fold down rear seat and the full moon roof. 19 miles one way to work, mostly freeway with some stop and go downtown and I see 36 mpg routinely. Not a big NAV user but have found this nav system to be a challenge. Logic is not intuitive but you do figure it out with some focused effort.

Keyless go. Overall ride quality (excellent suspension for everyday driving on our crumbling infrastructure). Full length moonroof. Fold down seats (my road bike fits nicely when you remove the front wheel). Scale / dimensions of the car is right for me. Stereo is pretty good too.

Nav is a bit weak. Rest of the car is sterling. This is a luxury sedan, not a sports car but I would like a little better cornering capability (tends to be a little ponderous in hard cornering). Having said that, overall daily driving ride quality is superb.

best business sedan
By daro05

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Unbelievable car< average of 28 MPG in city < up to 37 MPG on interstate ( still under 35 if pushed around 90MPH) Very aggressive acceleration just above 1700 RPM, excellent 7G transmission. could use sport package form E 350??? Reliable like real MB and very well made

engine

option for sport package, more leg room in the back.

Sleeper - you won't see another
By Chuck

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Wagon (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

This is the ultimate hauler. I use it for my daily commuter car and weekend trips with family and dog. Why get an SUV when this does it all. Looked at the Porsche SUV - but it had less room and was not as fast. Handles fantastically, but no too jarring unless the handling set on hardest setting. The best part is I will probably never see another one going the other way on the road.

Flys under the radar. Who expects a station wagon with 507 HP. Sometimes kids in the know give me the high sign because they know what it is - hilarious. Also tons of room.

The nav screen - it is upgraded for 2010. No AWD - there is a Benz AMG SUV with it - so why not?

minor issues
By Richard

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a (06) CLK 350 in the spring of "09". Love the car with the exception of two minor issues. Firstly is the impossible task of keeping the mags clean, drives me crazy. The other is dripping of water into the trunk when the body os wet, either from the weather or just washing.Minor issue bur when you spend this kind of money you would expect these issues to have been solved.

The Right Decison Afterall
By Eric Dise

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tinkered around with moving to a car from a SUV for several years. I began looking at Infiniti's, Lexus's, BMW's, and even Porsche's. The main draw of the E350 was the 4Matic feature. I am a work-aholic and don't like to miss work due to weather. After I found one at a local dealer, I took it out for a spin. Oh my, was it impressive. I loved the looks. I loved the power. I loved the comfort and fit. It was smooth and powerful. The seats are very supportive. The tranny is smooth and agile and the ride is perfection! After only months of ownership I am convinced I made a great choice. I haven't had it serviced yet which makes me a bit nervous. However, I expect a great experience!

4 Matic (insurance for bad weather), Sports package, iPod, fantastic Harmon Kardon sound system, seat heaters, and manumatic.

The navigation system is not as easy to use as other cars I've owned. Not as pin-point either. Graphics are so- so.