Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Drive all day!
By laselva

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I liked this car and purchased this car 5 years used with only 32,000 miles on it, 7 weeks &
3,600 miles later, I love this car! It's quiet, well mannered (sport package) looks great, and wants to run at 80mph all day long...in fact it did. I just drove from Orange County to Sonoma last weekend and it was perfect. Quiet, great range (27.2 mpg at 75-80 mph with the a/c on) comfortable and solid feeling! I can't believe you can get all this car for the price of a Toyota Camry. The 7 speed automatic handled the I-5 grapevine with ease (rarely needed to brake coming down, and kept the cruise control on uphill)

keyless go (especially running errands), sunshade, sport package, xenon headlamps, sirius radio (great on the open road), large fuel tank (over 500 mile range)

iphone/ipod plug in on the dash, instead of glovebox. Navigation system showing not just when to turn, but where to turn.

Best Car I have Ever Owned!
By 350guy

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am writing this on the 5th anniversary of the day I took delivery (11/2/07) of my 2008 E350. The car has 102,150 miles today, averaging 20,000+ for 5 years. Absolutely remarkable car in every respect. Outside of normal maintenance items, only one repair for $198 in 5 years. I would get another one but this one feels almost new. Smooth as silk on SCal freeways, quiet, great handling, looks like new, engine positively purrs. I can't believe how well it has done over time. Follow the maintenance took the letter, drive it smoothly, park out of the sun and the result is simply amazing. I will buy another for sure. Can not imagine parting some day...

Freeway cruising, so smooth, so stable, been to 120 mph many times on way to Las Vegas and 85 mph routinely, gets even more stable as the speed goes up. Love the quiet inside, satellite radio, smoothness of the car is compelling...German engineering is superb, and Mercedes is much better mechanically than any of the 4 BMWs I have had including two 7 series...

other reviewers complain about the Command system, who cares, the sound is good and I just listen to iPod or Sat Radio anyways, didn't purchase the car for the stereo... system has been nicely upgraded, it is in my wife's 2012 ML350

Either I've had a "lemon" or people close eyes on MB problems
By nyfo

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4dr Sedan (6.2L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased it pre-owned from a dealership under factory warranty with 39k miles on. Sold me on practicality of a sedan with a FAST ride possibility.
Next day at 6 AM I was awakened by the fire crew banging at my door. My neighbors called them because of a large gas spill underneath my car. Got it towed, fixed, in a week - the same story. Fixed, then the check engine light went on. Upgraded software - tranny started "jump" shifting from the second gear to the first. Long story short, out of 6 months 3k mi of ownership I spent 8 weeks driving Hyundai offered by local MB dealership. Glad it was under warranty: I asked to see the repair bills and they summed in over 10K paid by MB over 6 months.

Looks, drive, while going, interior - all absolutely incredible!

Quality. You where building expensive reliable cars for 100 years and, of course, 10 years of building junk will not kill your name. But on the long run - you loosing customers every day and you do not target such a large population percentage with your product price point... I owned 3 Mercedeses in my short 31 years life, first 2 where great reliable cars (1985 280SE and 1989 C190 ), but no more for me after your E63, thank you.

Best Mercedes I've Owned!
By MB4U

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Hello, The First Mercedes I had was a Silver 1998 Mercedes Benz E-Class. I thought it was a very nice car. So, I went out and bought a Black 2002 Mercedes Benz S-Class. I was the first one at that dealer to have the 2002. It was a very nice car, but reliable-not. So I went back and forth between BMW X5 and 5 series and Lexus LS and GX. I had all of those. So in 2008 I bought the E- Class. It was amazing! The greatest Mercedes I've ever had. Now I am going out to buy my wife a ML or GL. Thanks MB

iPod Connection, Great European Leather, Backup Camera, Reliable.

Navigation System. and placement

WOW
By Poppy

2008 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2004 E320 (the best car I had ever owned) for a 2008 E350 ostensibly to get 21st century cup holders and an ipod kit. I got much more. Although the skin is very similar, the guts are all new and vastly improved. I got the Sport model and the handling is phenomenal. This is my third E Class (my wife had an E320 wagon). Each has been extremely reliable. I have always purchased CPO Mercedes and have been extremely happy with the performance and, of course, the savings.

1. Cup holders 2. Ipod Kit 3. Performance and handling