Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Leaky bucket
By R.Scott

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Repair costs are high. the turbocharger went out before 75K and at a cost of 5,000 to replace. At the time there were no rebuild kits available. Had to replace the oil cooler from leaking, the manifolds seem to clog early. The after market warranty policies are not worth the paper, but that is another story.

This should not happen to Mercedes
By om424la

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 BLUETEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

2007 E320 Bluetec V6 Diesel, Nothing major but bunch of small stuff that disables car for days. Cracked inter-cooler hoses, failed Mass Air Flow sensors, Failed EGR valve, Clogged DPF filter, scary one was when fuel filter clamp failed, sprayed fuel on hot turbocharger and ignited, my lucky day I was standing in traffic so I was able to see cloud of the smoke coming under the hood and can of soda put the fire out (I should let it burn). All this under 74K miles. This is my 8th Mercedes and seams that newer the car more problems with it.

Diesel engine and 7 speed transmission will get 27-30 MPG at 80mph

E class shrink over the years W124 was huge comparing to this W211, my son C300 has more space on the front seat then me. I am big guy so I have to push my seat all the way back then getting in and out door post is right on the way. this was not the case with any other ones I owned.

Shame on you Mercedes
By swat94

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2007 E350, this is my 4th Mercedes and definitly my last!!
Main seal went at 30K, power steering pump at approx. 55K and Transmission went DOA at 60K miles. What ever happened to Mercedes??? Quality stinks!! For the price of a Mercedes you can pick up two Jap cars and youll get your bang for your buck. I can assure you the transmission doesnt go out at 60K on Toyota, Honda etc..

Good bye Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go sell you cars somewhere else!!

Nice body and interior design

Engine transmission problems

Shame on you Mercedes
By alcrawjr

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

2007 E350, this is my second Mercedes and my last!! Transmission went into limp mode at 71k miles. Called MB headquarters and was told that there had not been enough reports of this issue for MB to recall. Hard to believe because its being reported all over the net. The local MB certified mechanic says he can't get the repair part because MB has a lock on them. I see 1980 models driving all over, but 2006-2014 are not even making it to 70k. I was told that the speed sensor fails around 52k miles. Where is the QUALITY ??? The car is DOA in the driveway while I drive my Jaguar... Go figure

Nothing now

Step up and do a recall on the transmissions. We Pay too much money for your product to get such poor quality.

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Avant-Garde Sport
By mercedeslover1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes- Benz E-Class is an amazing vehicle, that I have truly enjoyed owning. The design is so timeless and elegant and never looks pretentious, but only classy. The interior and exterior are made of materials that are built to last, and everything feels high quality and feels as if it could withstand a nuclear attack. However, there are some problems with this model, specifically with the transmission valve body, which does tend to fail but the replacement should resolve any issues. This car is expensive to fix, and owners should have a few thousand sat aside for potential problems, however problems generally are few to none.

I loved this car, and miss it, everything was perfect! I will buy another E-Class one day, but now I will stick to my GLK-Class.

N/A- Why mess with perfection?