Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

E350 4Matic
By Stephen

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Its time for me to give my 39 month lease back. I would highly recommend this car. I spend 2.5 - 3 hurs a day in it for a commute and it has been great. Only problem I had was with the all wheel drive transfer box. Supposedly they had problems with the lubricants in this year and the car vibrates when moving slowly and making sharp turns (approx $4000 fix if out of warranty).

Sattelite Radio

Nav just okay

Great Car!
By JJG

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this car with less than 13,000 miles (certified). Decided to add the extended warranty which extends coverage to 100k. Because of the lack luster economy I realized significant costs saving when I purchased this vehicle. This is a great Automobile! The ride is absolutely first rate and the safety features are without peer! My wife has a Lexus and there is a significant difference in handling and ride quality. I'm continuously complimented on the vehicle. This is my first MB! Definitely will not be my last. Simply put, this is the best automobile that I've ever owned!

Harmon Kardon Stereo System & ride quality.

Cruise control level is in an awkward position.

No Complaints-Great Buy
By DSR

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car off Ebay from a non-MB dealer Dec 28, 2008. Car had 29K miles. Still has balance of warranty. This car has a build date of March 07. I'm guessing whatever problem history the 06 E350 4matic had was cleared up by the time mine was built. Car performs well and has been reliable since day one. Paint, fit & finish is exceptional. Like the all black look. Paid less than $20K for the car because the market is in the tank and I smile every second behind the wheel knowing my brother-in-law paid more for a 06 Toyota Avalon. I kept my other car a '94 E320 that I've had for 12 years with 100K miles because I just can't part with it. No complaints with this E350 4Matic!!

None really other than it give me the ability to escape in comfort & style.

These always room for improvement.

Great Ride
By Bob

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable ride, steering is a little loose but this is not a sport model. We bought this car as a turned-in- lease with 41K miles, we paid a third of the sticker price new, it is a certified used which extends the warranty to 100K. Overall I like this car, however I would never pay $60K for this car new, it just is not worth it, for $20,000 it's great!

Comfortable ride, navigation, audio system and dependability.

Back seat leg room, either lower the price or offer more options as standard equipment.

Wow, nice car
By bradkurtz

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked this up as a MB certified used car and I am much impressed. On paper my wife's Acura RL should drive better, but it doesn't. This car is amazing and fun to drive when ask it to, while at the same time being ultr-lux when you want it to be. The 7 speed auto keeps the car in the highest torque zone in sport mode, and makes it feel like a much more powerful car. Great work, my first Benz, it won't be my last.

COMAND Navigation, sat radio and sound system (amazing Harman Kardon sound)

Instead of having the headlights as the daytime running lights, use the fog lamps.