Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Outstanding
By Al

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are delighted with our purchase. Picked up in a snow storm; drove for 5 hours in less than pleasant conditions; unually comfortable and very stable in difficult conditions. Quality of workmanship superb.

A Religious Experience
By Kyle

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 Mustang for this because it was an amazing steal. One word describes this car: heavenly. I can't stop staring at it; 10 years down the road it will be just as elegant and refined as it is today. The ride is amazingly smooth, you can hit potholes at 40mph and hear them but not feel them. The sound system is impeccable and the controls easy to use if a bit distant from your hand. The V8 is the most finely tuned I've ever seen-easy to control yet quick to please. AWD is amazing yet does not sacrifice handling as so many others do. Gas mileage is awful but is to be expected and no worse than any SUV. The controls are in the oddest places and are sometimes hard to fathom.

Harmon/Kardon stereo. AWD. V8. Serene driving experience and environment. Terrific brakes. Value for money. Style!

Who puts the cruise control high on the steering wheel when in every other car the turning signal is normally there? Air suspension is annoying after starting off. Controls are alien compared to any other car on the road.

Best Car for the Buck
By Drew

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This being my first MB I will focus on my reaction to car now that I have owned it for a month. All I can say is wow. What a nicely built, very solid, comfortable and fun to drive car. I test drove, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti, Acura and some of the lesser import brands but the E350 is bar far the best mix off all. The stunner is when you push your foot down on the gas and the car hauls to 60 in less that 6.5 secs. Even better is when you hit a corner and there is 0 wheel squeal. Return the car to center at a cruising speed of 70 MPH and its sublime. Simply put, this car fits my image. A bit reserved, but push it and the wild side comes out, but returns to civility just as quickly.

MB symbol sticking up on the hood, seat controls on the door, lay out of the controls, one button to open all windows and sun roof at once, smooth 7 speed trans, the shear acceleration of such a big car, the confidence that you can get out of any tricky situation and do it with ease.

Don't like the fact that I have to wait to change my oil for so long. It's kind of freaky that you don't have to do it every 3K mi.

Take Away This Lemon Please!!
By Tom

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my sixth Benz. All the rest where ok as far as dependability. This 2006 E350 4 matic has been nothing but trouble.I bought it 24 month and it has been in for service 16 times. 5 times for trany problems(leaks,shifting trouble,transfer case problems) 5 times for electrical troubles.(battery kept draining still cant find the problem three new batteries so far) Air bag trouble(2x) , steering rack leaks(2x) and the seat back panels had to be changer (they came loose) and the front power seats jammed 2X .MB is in the process of replacing the car (I am only paying for mileage used) They treat good customers well. First time buyer would have a problem (Lawyer Time )

I love it!
By Anna Fortner

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my E 350 Benz! It's not just a car, it's an experience...every day! I look forward to the time I spend in it as it lends an escape to comfort. And when you're talking about performance...as far as I'm concerned the "E" stands for excellence!

With so many great features it's hard to pinpoint my favorite. Cruise control at a tap, the heated seats, the stereo system and of course the quick response from the excelerator. Mighty fine!

I think a reading light in the back seat would be nice. Heated seats in the year would also be an added comfort!