Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

It Will Save Your Life!
By joe

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Faster than a speeding bullet. Finest ride in the world. This Mercedes truly lives up to what the Europeans say: There's Mercedes and then there's the rest. It is safe, quiet. The diesel sounds sexier and quieter than a gas engine, and the turbo makes it faster. I pay 23 cents less a gallon than I do for BMW guzzling Z4 BMW. Buy this car, it will save your soul.

DVD, navigation, compass. Stereo, satellite radio. Power everything.

Bluetooth. I have it in my Z4.

Nav system is an antique
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

The E320 CDI is very fuel efficient and fun to drive, but the transmission has occassional problems. Slipping during takeoff which my dealer says is normal. Styling is rather bland. Seats could stand to be a little more comfortable. The lumbar support should be power and easier to reach. My biggest complaint is the antique nav system. Somebody must have bought these on a $59 closeout. Charging $2900 for this system should be a felony. It's an unbelievably antiquated system with few features, no touch screen, and no voice command. Also there's no bluetooth unless you buy their phone. I own a 2007 Toyota Camry that blows this car away with superior luxury features. Sorry MB, you need to catch up

The diesel engine is wonderfully built. Kudos.

Start providing a decent nav system and reimburse the folks that got stuck with the current one.

The Best Car I Ever Bought
By calvin lahham

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

No BMW will compare to this machine. Great performance, good looks, and not many people drive it. So it's very special.

Incredible horsepower delivery. Great handling.

Bigger wheels. better sound system. Update the navigation monitor. Bluetooth is a must on next model

The Best
By carol

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned Mercedes in the past, I just love this vehicle and its looks, performance, and having the 4 matic gives me more peace of mind for safety when driving in the tortential rains in Florida. This is a must have vehicle and price was well worth it.

The clock, satellite radio, design is sleek and sporty. It catches the eye. Comfortable seats.

I wish it had a storage place for the big Mercedes case that all the books go into. It doesn't fit in the glove box.

Schaller's E350 Review
By Hubert Schaller

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this vehicle, having owned a 2003 BMW 530i which I loved. My wife loved the MB even more so I purchased it for her. I've come to like the MB even more than the BMW primarily because it feels more refined. Even the passenger compartment, although not much larger than the BMW, feels significantly larger. I still think the BMW handles better but the MB is no slouch. I do wish MB had the same no cost (for 4 years) maintenance package the BMW came with. In closing, I would buy the vehicle again!

The navigation system. I never thought I would use it but have done so all the time on our current 5000 mile vacation. Inga (that's what I call her) has gotten us out of some tough detour/no sign ridden locations with no problem, It's also easy to use.

Same free maintenance package as BMW. I know my oil change/oil filter bill will be at or exceed $100.00