Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 217 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Just for the record
By rqjwill

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car a year ago with 10K miles and have driven an additional 14K miles with a few minor issues, but overall this is a great car. This is our first Mercedes and we'd buy another without hesitation. In fact, I can't imagine owning anything else. The gas mileage is around 23mpg combined and 30 mpg highway. It's a pure pleasure to drive especially on busy city streets, where it brings a confidence and calm. Overall reliabitly is good as well. Can't wait to get an '07 or '08

Folding rear seats. Comfortable seats with 3-way adjustment. Touch shift. Good interior design.

More power.

It's OK
By Jim Pacquin

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 23000 miles (certified). The ride is good, and it drives well. The engine strains somewhat. A good road car.

Interior is comfortable.

The side mirrors are too small! Setting clock, instruments is much too complicated, silly and vexing. Mercedes should study the Toyota dash carefully! More horsepower, engine strains. Cup holder is beyond dumb.

My First Experience with M-B
By William

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 32,000 miles on it, and have put about 9,000 on it since. Beautiful styling was the initial attraction. Overall pleased with ride and handling and fuel economy. Occasionally get over 30 mpg on highway trips. Transmission is unpredictably jerky at low speeds on occasion. Radio cuts off by itself, stays off for a few seconds, then comes back on in CD mode. Dealer not been able to fix. Brakes very touchy also. Overall impression is great design and engineering (except for the cupholders, what were they thinking?) but overall poor execution. We've been more pleased with the BMWs we've had. The M-B has fewer features and not near the quality of my daughter's 2006 Accord EX

Great Gas Mileage
By Starbow

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Mercedes for its mileage - I continue to get up to 30.7 miles per gallon and I've owned the car for 3 years - it now has 27,000 miles on it. We recently took a driving vacation trip, starting I-66 W through the Blue Ridge then Great Spoky Mountains - Alex., VA to Sevierville,then Oak Ridge & Chantanooga, TN, then to Cherokee and Ashville, NC then back home to Upper Marlboro, MD via I-95 N. This car drove like a sports car around & over the mountains - huged the road, took curves, the exception-ally smooth & accurate breaking made this car an absolute joy to drive - my husband, who does not like my "soft" car (he wanted me to buy a BMW 530), would not let me at the wheel.

Gas mileage and its drivability. Hugs the road like a much heavier car, takes curves and hills like a sports car. Cockpit is roomy but snug! (I'm 5'8" - 215 lbs, my hubby is more) - it's a nice fit for me.

This is a woman's car-I see mostly women driving them, so build the E w/Softer, wider front seats, better makeup mirrors, cup holders & larger ext. side mirrors. I used to drive my husband's Lincoln, Mark IIV & liked its creature comfort items much better. I guess the E500 would be a better match!

Mercedes scored another MB with me...
By Will

2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say my 3rd Mercedes and the best of all. I'm loving this car more every day, it has everything you could want from a luxury car and more. It safe, really safe, the brakes are "touchy" but emergency are very powerful, the 8 air bags, the seat belts tight in braking. Ok performance is good but could be better but for me is precise because I live in a mountanies island (Puerto Rico, it climbs hill without a problem, fuel economy is very good, ive known to get 450 miles on a tank and 32.0 mpg. Its comfortable, and stable ( if you buy sport package even better) it takes corners smothly. I just know I love going on long trips on the car, no pain anywhere, super comfy, buy it and you will like it

Sport package, stability, safety, harman kardon sound system, Tele SOS and roadside assistance buttons, fuel economy and much more.

A little stronger engine would be better, but with the 221 hp im ok.