Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

First Luxury Vehicle
By Felt32

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with Mercedes after I first drive a used one and the drive was like I was riding on Clouds. There wasn't any outside noise with the windows rolled up and I was just very impressed with this used German vehicle!!

The ride/drive, Quality of the interior, Reliability (being a used vehicle)

Exterior, Gas Mileage, Cost to Maintain

Solid German tank; won't let you down
By FJ

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car. My first E-class, an E430, was totaled, and the same dealership got me into an E320 4Matic. Excellent ride; a joy to do some DIY work to, easy to work on and find OEM parts online, and a great community of owners at various sites, including benzworld dot org. I've had Lexus and I just can't get over how much better the German ride is and how well Mercedes makes their vehicles. A completely different driving experience than even BMW and Audi, both brands I love as well. But for now, given the quality, fit and finish of these vehicles, I'm glad to see Benz took a step in the right direction with the W212 chassis (2010- up) and I'll be buying a used W212 wagon next!

Handling, road feel, 17" rims on Sport trim I own are gorgeous, the 3.2 liter V6 engine really has the torque where you need it unlike some Japanese luxury models of the same year; classic interior and exterior design; reliability is much better than Germans are ever given credit for.

This car is now out of production, so does it matter? Antiquated stock 16" wheel design is about the only complaint I ever had with this car. "Better cupholders" are for people who drive to get from A to B; this car drives like a dream.

Capable family car
By Dan

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Plenty of passing power. Don't be fooled by the looks, this is not grandpa's Mercedes. Great legroom. Mechanically reliable. I always have a smile driving this car, until it's time to refill.

Acceleration capability well beyond average driver's needs. Feels very secure and composed even at high speeds. The perfect car for long distances.

Driver seat lacks support. Digital gear & mileage display fails after a while ($1,000 to replace). Gas guzzler.

Luv-n It in Alaska
By Diamond_Dan

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife. The grandkids were coming home, and I wanted more security than the 04 Outback wagon. So, one day were cruising the lots in Fairbanks, AK. and find this sweet E320 4matic. So, we test drive and she is really liking the car, but is reserved. It is way more car than we have ever owned before. Now, I do own an 83 240D, and love it, 4spd 28 miles to the gallon on its second engine...but a 2002? Well I go to work, I drive the Dalton Hiway ...the haul road. When I get home 2 days later, the wife has had a change of heart...she had it all arranged. She loves the car. I've added a few things, 18" chromes, stainless window trim, and wash it every weekend. Love the silver!

Awesome comfort, classic lines, quiet ride, even with 2+ size wheels and tires! Great handling and mileage, even with Alaska prices. Safety. Like Fort Knox for the family.

I love the car so much, when my daughter came home with our 4 grandchildren I found her an 02 wagon 4matic!

Luv-en It!
By Luven It

2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the E320! Loved the design of 2002 vs more recent models, classic vs a more cloned look. Ride is great, acceleration is awesome with a smooth transmission even after 5 years! Fit and finish is in wonderful condition even after 5 years. Was unsure if purchase of a used vehicle was a smart move but with 1 year of ownership under my belt, very happy I made the choice. Seat warmers are weak, front interior lights are too bright- like looking into the sun.

Styling, acceleration/handling, functionable interior

Who cares what I think, it's 2007!