Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

430 great
By AL

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car especially in snow ice and rain. I would highly recomend it to everyone. It is great at high speeds, low speeds tuirning, and parking.

The control speed traction. ESP lights wipers engine and overall performance

NONE

Never again!
By schumacr

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E430 Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the drive of the car but the problems we have had have been way too much. Just had one of the catalytic converters break just 1.5 weeks after the other broke. Mercedes won't fix it due to an 8yr/80K warranty (we've had the car 5 years and it just went over 80K miles). A mere $1600 just for the part! This is the straw that broke the camels back. Too many other quality issues to mention. For 60K, you'd think you'd get WAY more quality. My 97 BMW has had far fewer problems. Lexus or BMW - you get my money next time. Mercedes? Never again!

Do something about the quality and parts!

Do not buy a Benz
By GK

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle from a corporate car dealer with original warranty still on vehicle. In the past 1 year I have been at the mercedes dealership more than 10 times. CD changer went out, instrument panel display went out, a/c noise, front suspension bushings replaced, exhaust pipes 2 of them replaced, and many more small problems. The loaner car guy knows me by name now, I have been there so many times. My Acura 3.2tls is a much better car. I will never-ever buy a Mercedes again. Too many problems and always in the shop.

Power telescopic steering, the smart key, the big sun-roof, interior lighting

Mercedes needs to make a maintenance free vehicle

Simply the Best
By Benzo Boy

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1989 300E (with 220K miles) with this silver beauty. Clasic looks, straighforward interior. Solid, safe, and secure. A blast to drive, and the BOSE stereo is awesome.

Solid, vault-like feeling. 4MATIC - great in the Michigan snow and wet. Stereo, seat comfort, tilt/telescope wheel.

Needs a CD changer in the dash - the trunk changer, while good, is a pain. Needs a compass in the rearview mirror. That's it.

Good Car, But...
By john kolb

2001 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The AM radio has never worked well. I replaced the CD changer in the trunk after three years and limited use! Interior vanity failed third year. Variuous other little problems that required trips to the dealer like lights, air conditioning and power steering. Thank God for the extended warranty ,but this excluded radio, vanity light, and CD player. My wife loves the ride, I expected a lot more for the money. I'm disappointed.

Rides very well. Great car for a long trip.

The electrical system needs a lot of improvement.